Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member Gary  (Read 652 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: New member Gary
« Reply #10 on: 13 September, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gary5751 [+]
Thanks for all your replies.
How difficult is the Matt finish to look after?
Paullie Im looking to change around November and looking for a 17 or 18 plate sport with low miles. Ill be selling my 2015xcx with just under 20 k miles.
So the question is, why do you want to change?

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #11 on: 18 September, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Gary5751 [+]
How difficult is the Matt finish to look after?

I'm on my 3rd bike with Matt Black paint & have had no problems with any of the paint on any of them.
You just need to not touch with oily or greasy fingers and avoid using any polish or wax or silicon products on the paint.
I usually just wash the bike and the paint comes up good.
Recently splurged on some Muc-Off Matte Finish Detailer but have yet to use it.
Matt Black 17 Tiger Sport - SC-Project Carbon, Radguard, Fenda Extenda, 30mm Bar Risers, Puig screen deflector, Heavy bar ends, JBQ Shifter, Vario Pegs, SW Motech Tank Bag & Tail Pack, Triumph Tankpad & Centerstand.

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #12 on: 18 September, 2018, 12:58:16 PM »
Welcome aboard...

I came from a T800 and as others have already said, I am not alone in having done so.   I liked the T800 (roadie one, not XC) but never really 'clicked' with it, after 18k miles I decided enough was enough and treated myself to a TS.   The TS is heavier but considerably more powerful, and with a lot of extra torque it is a faster and much more relaxed ride.   The handling is not like a sportsbike but is decent enough (especially for an adventure-styled bike), the pure-road 17" wheels and tyres help here of course.   I prefer the bit of extra weight in exchange for the stability and solidity that it brings to the way the bike feels.   Others of course will prefer the slightly more nimble feeling of the T800.

Horses for courses - if you haven't already done so, get yourself a decent test ride and make your own mind up.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #13 on: 18 September, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
So the question is, why do you want to change?

What he said.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Gary5751

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 800
« Reply #14 on: 19 September, 2018, 12:46:33 PM »
Have loved the T 800 but looking for a change with a little more power. Also want tubeless tyres its hard to repair the tubes at the side of the road when touring.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #15 on: 19 September, 2018, 09:02:28 PM »
I had a good ride on an T800 XCx, whilst in the UK. I would say it is a better town bike and considerably more nimble. I upset a few more car drivers than I usually would on my T1050, because I could, on such an easy bike to ride. Whilst it was easy to ride, it was also a little more cramped for me and my legs were starting to reject the seating position. My decision was purely based upon the fact that 90% of my riding is either in the countryside or at speed on a motorway. The extra pulling power, of the T1050, is considerable and makes it more relaxing and effortless.

The Matt Black is very easy to look after and doesn't get shiny. I use that FW1 synthetic polish and it always looks perfect. Well at least the tank does, after I clean it  :033:

BTW: The word 'Perfect' has to be used carefully, as some of here have higher standards than others. Mentioning no names TIMBOX  :008:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Online Timbox

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 TS Matt Black
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #16 on: 19 September, 2018, 09:54:21 PM »
Gotta spell it right for starters, Perfick  :001:
2016 Tiger Sport, Power Commander, DNA, Wilbers Suspension, Healtech Q/S

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #17 on: 20 September, 2018, 09:54:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Whilst it was easy to ride, it was also a little more cramped for me and my legs were starting to reject the seating position.

Strange you found that, I find I've a gudly bit more leg room on the T8 with less knee & hip bend than on the TS. Checks out on ergo' http://cycle-ergo.com/

But, I find the TS less tiring on a long run, especially at M'way speed. Could be 'cos of worse wind noise on the T8.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #18 on: 20 September, 2018, 10:41:14 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Strange you found that, I find I've a gudly bit more leg room on the T8 with less knee & hip bend than on the TS. Checks out on ergo' http://cycle-ergo.com/

But, I find the TS less tiring on a long run, especially at M'way speed. Could be 'cos of worse wind noise on the T8.

The T800 has a variable seat height, with roughly 1.5 inches difference if I remember right.   So maybe YDs ride was on a bike with the seat in the low position if it felt cramped.   Ive only got a 31 inseam and I ran my roadie in the high position quite comfortably.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #19 on: 20 September, 2018, 11:04:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]

The T800 has a variable seat height, with roughly 1.5 inches difference if I remember right.   So maybe YDs ride was on a bike with the seat in the low position if it felt cramped.   Ive only got a 31 inseam and I ran my roadie in the high position quite comfortably.

I have both T8 & TS they get ridden in turn usually unless I'm going somewhere that suits one more'n tutha.

My seat's in the low position on my XRx & still gives the gudly bit more leg room for my 30" legs than the TS does. Like I've said before, I lowered the TS 25mm but that doesn't affect the seat to peg height. Mind, I did have the rider section flattened to stop me sliding forward, that could have lowered it a tad.

The ergo' site that I linked looks like it's based on seat in standard height (top) position at 33.2" seat height & the TS at 33.6", must have higher pegs to be more cramped (for me).
« Last Edit: 20 September, 2018, 11:10:02 AM by Paul2bikes »
Leonardo da Vinci