Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Name that tune....  (Read 692 times)

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
Re: Name that tune....
« Reply #10 on: 21 September, 2018, 09:36:54 PM »
Great result.

Enjoy  :031:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Washington
  • City / Town: East Wenatchee
« Reply #11 on: 23 September, 2018, 05:19:12 AM »
So after riding the last two days with Indy's tune I think I am going to give Bigrog's tune a try.  I went through two tanks of 91 non ethanol as I can't seem to keep my bike under 6k anymore:)  I do have some stop and go driving in town and and want to see if I get a little smoother throttle response down low without giving up anything up top.  I don't want to give up power but I do need to go to town eventually for petrol:)  Results to follow.....
« Last Edit: 23 September, 2018, 05:25:19 AM by moodytico »

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
« Reply #12 on: 23 September, 2018, 05:48:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by moodytico [+]
So after riding the last two days with Indy's tune I think I am going to give Bigrog's tune a try.  I went through two tanks of 91 non ethanol as I can't seem to keep my bike under 6k anymore:)  I do have some stop and go driving in town and and want to see if I get a little smoother throttle response down low without giving up anything up top.  I don't want to give up power but I do need to go to town eventually for petrol:)  Results to follow.....

I thought that tune was for higher Octane only  :187:

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: 23 September, 2018, 05:56:15 AM »
It is....98 to 100 RON which is equivalent to 91 here in the states.  Unless I head out of the country 91 is readily available here. 

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
« Reply #14 on: 23 September, 2018, 06:01:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by moodytico [+]
It is....98 to 100 RON which is equivalent to 91 here in the states.  Unless I head out of the country 91 is readily available here.

I have no idea. You'll have to ask IndyTiger1050  :169:

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #15 on: 25 September, 2018, 04:37:35 PM »
Just thought I would give another update on some the tunes I have tried.  I ran Indy's tune for a couple of days and there is no denying it really wakes the bike up.  If I was looking for max power no doubt this is the tune!  I wanted to try Bigrog's tune just for comparison.  i should be noted that I run 91 Non-Ethanol in my bikes when I am in a 100 mile radius of my house.  I typically run non-ethanol at all times if possible but it gets harder to find it when I am doing longer distances away from home. 

So Bigrog's tune:

1.  Runs a little smoother in lower RPMs and around town.  Makes it easier in stop and go traffic.
   2.  Less noticeable transition from mid-range to upper range.  Pulls hard from 4k all the way to redline.   (Indy's tune you KNOW when you in the 7k-redline range!)
   3,  Bike is really thirsty....not sure if gas gauge has compensated yet from tune change.  May need more miles to determine.
   4.  Nice sound on decel......about the same as Indy's.  I like it:)

One thing I noticed on this tune was the MPH seem off from the beginning.  Even after 50 miles it still seems to read fast.  Would a change in tune affect speedometer?  If so, is there a way to re-calibrate on ECUTUNE or do I need to keep riding until it sorts itself out?