Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Name that tune....  (Read 1249 times)

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Washington
  • City / Town: East Wenatchee
Name that tune....
« on: 09 September, 2018, 11:00:58 PM »
Hey guys, while I am having my front forks upgraded with the Racetech stuff I took advantage of getting the bike ready for a new tune. 

2009 Tiger 1050
Airbox mod (Dogbone opended up)
K and N Air filter
No SAI
New NGK Iridiums
Cat gutted
Scorpion Exhaust - Baffle out

I am debating between Indy's and AK's tune.  I will probably leave O2 alone.

Is there another tune I should consider? 

What say ye Tiger experts?

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
Re: Name that tune....
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2018, 12:47:11 AM »
I think you should try them all, for about a week, so you can compare as to what suits your own set up best.

Don't forget the 'Concoction': https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,33824.msg372301.html#msg372301
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 10 September, 2018, 03:17:55 AM »
I would love to try at least 3 or 4....I'm running out of time.  I've got about a month of decent riding weather left.  Thanks for the "concoction".   Anybody else have any recommendations for their favorite tune?

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #3 on: 10 September, 2018, 04:39:58 AM »
I think I remember Puccio had a version, plus you can follow this thread too: https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,36888.msg407286.html#msg407286

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 10 September, 2018, 06:20:19 AM »
Awesome!!  Can't wait to see how it goes! :062: :062:

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #5 on: 10 September, 2018, 08:23:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by moodytico [+]
Awesome!!  Can't wait to see how it goes! :062: :062:

Can't wait to read your verdict for each tune  :047:

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: 18 September, 2018, 05:19:41 AM »
Ok, finally got my Racetech forks back in the bike and put back to together and now I am focusing on the tune.  Picked up OBD2 cable and an adapter for my Android Pixel 2.  I just played with it a little tonight to see if I could connect and figure out what map it had.  I was able to connect and found that it had map 20136 loaded.  I'm thinking this must be the original tune. 

I think I am going to start with Indy's tune first but I need to find out how to mover the file over to ECU tune.  I will be reading that part tonight. 

Update soon....

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #7 on: 18 September, 2018, 09:13:37 AM »
I don't know 20136, but that doesn't matter now.

Just copy the tune files into the same folder as TuneECU, so they are easy to find  :031:

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #8 on: 20 September, 2018, 02:06:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by moodytico [+]
Ok, finally got my Racetech forks back in the bike and put back to together and now I am focusing on the tune.  Picked up OBD2 cable and an adapter for my Android Pixel 2.  I just played with it a little tonight to see if I could connect and figure out what map it had.  I was able to connect and found that it had map 20136 loaded.  I'm thinking this must be the original tune. 

I think I am going to start with Indy's tune first but I need to find out how to mover the file over to ECU tune.  I will be reading that part tonight. 

Update soon....

:490:   Enjoy
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline moodytico

• Tiger Member
« Reply #9 on: 21 September, 2018, 05:22:06 PM »
Finally got around to doing this last night....still can't get the grin off my face :123: :123:

So I uploaded Indy's tune last night and took the bike for a 24 mile loop.  I live at 4k feet so my road is perfect for testing suspension and engine mods.  The first 12 miles I just let things get settled in and on the way up I put her through the paces.

Initial impressions:  A little rich at idle but nothing I can't deal with.
                                    No snatchy throttle at low RPM's  ( I had adjusted throttle cable and chain prior to map)
                                    A little burble a decal (I kinda like it)
                                    Pulls good through the mid-range 4-6k
                                    Top end 6k-to Redline......better make sure you are holding on!  This thing RIPS!!!  Power is addicting in this range....yes officer let me the sign the ticket and get back on my bike:)

The is a section of road I love to test my bikes on.  It is a right  hairpin at 2k feet and then a 1/2 mile 30 percent grade  that climbs to 3k feet.  I hit the corner at 35 and purposely did not downshift to second....out of corner roll it on in third and hit 100 before the top!

With the new Racetech forks and Indy's tune this bike is really transformed.  I rode it to work to day and will do some traffic driving but I have not had any stalling issues up until this point.  I am going to leave this tune in a awhile but I have a feeling I am not going to want anything else:)