Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Bit of fettling  (Read 1871 times)

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Bit of fettling
« Reply #10 on: 23 January, 2020, 05:54:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Some have fitted Aprillia Tuono mirrors, new ones cheap as chips. Just not stock looking.
Not a bad option. I have them on my sport.

Hint: If you decide that way search for Shiver mirrors. Thay only have one type and all the Tuono options did my head in.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Buckheaven Orygun
« Reply #11 on: 23 January, 2020, 11:44:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Not a bad option. I have them on my sport.

Hint: If you decide that way search for Shiver mirrors. Thay only have one type and all the Tuono options did my head in.

Thanks for the tip.  :031:   Definitely made the search easier. Found a pair shipped from Canada for less than $50  :123:
That would not be my most expensive mistake should I find I don't like them.   :015:   Think they looked great on your sport.  :028:

Offline turtle

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Central IL
« Reply #12 on: 24 January, 2020, 07:16:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grouchybastard [+]
Thanks for the tip.  :031:   Definitely made the search easier. Found a pair shipped from Canada for less than $50  :123:
That would not be my most expensive mistake should I find I don't like them.   :015:   Think they looked great on your sport.  :028:
Grouchy, can you share a link or was it a 'one off' set?  TIA. 
Bill
2011 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
« Reply #13 on: 25 January, 2020, 12:47:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by turtle [+]
Grouchy, can you share a link or was it a 'one off' set?  TIA.

That was the only pair the seller had apparently. I tried to look it up again and couldn't find it.   I got them off eBay. The seller was bgpowersports out of Alberta. You can look up their site through eBay.    There were several new pair listed from different sellers, but they seemed to all be from China, so I steered clear.  There are a few from the UK, but shipping, if they will, costs as much if not more than the mirrrors.   :006:   And you'll notice there's a lot of RH only for sale.  Apparently everyone drops their bike on the left side.  :033
Sorry I'm not more help. Good luck.  :031:

Offline turtle

• Tiger Master
« Reply #14 on: 27 January, 2020, 03:20:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grouchybastard [+]
That was the only pair the seller had apparently. I tried to look it up again and couldn't find it.   I got them off eBay. The seller was bgpowersports out of Alberta. You can look up their site through eBay.    There were several new pair listed from different sellers, but they seemed to all be from China, so I steered clear.  There are a few from the UK, but shipping, if they will, costs as much if not more than the mirrrors.   :006:   And you'll notice there's a lot of RH only for sale.  Apparently everyone drops their bike on the left side.  :033
Sorry I'm not more help. Good luck.  :031:

No worries - it's a big help, actually.  I am in no hurry, so I'll just save a search for them.  I have the Twisted Throttle extenders and they work fine, but they do buzz a little.  Plus my mirror stems look pretty shabby from road blast, so new mirrors (without using the extenders) would just be a nice to have.  I do like the look of the Aprilia mirrors.

When I read this thread before I missed the Shiver comment and was looking for a direct link because all the Tuono and ST3 options were warping my mind too.  Good hints from Paullie and seangee.  Thanks all!
Bill
2011 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
« Reply #15 on: 28 January, 2020, 03:27:09 AM »
Ordered on the 23rd, shipped on the 24th, and on my doorstep when I got home from work. From Edmonton, Alberta.   :123: Pretty frickin good service, if I'm asked.  Put em in place, and like what I see. Seem to be about an inch wider than stock.  And lower.  Can't wait to get the bike back on the road to try em out.  Along with my other upgrades.   :001:

If you're interested Turtle, I'll post up a pic first chance I get. 
 :031:

Offline turtle

• Tiger Master
« Reply #16 on: 28 January, 2020, 04:17:47 AM »
You bet. That would be great, thanks.  Sounds like they should work well.
Bill
2011 Tiger 1050 SE

Offline Grouchybastard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Pro
« Reply #17 on: 29 January, 2020, 03:33:49 AM »

After another look, the Aprilia mirrors aren't really lower. But they are wider.  Not the best background but hopefully you can see the difference.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #18 on: 29 January, 2020, 10:13:33 AM »
They look great, I'm interested, are they any wider than my Sp3 conversion, I just measured mine for comparison tip to tip outside dimension of mine is 895mm or in old money 35.25". Dunno what the stock size was, I never measured them.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #19 on: 29 January, 2020, 12:50:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
They look great, I'm interested, are they any wider than my Sp3 conversion, I just measured mine for comparison tip to tip outside dimension of mine is 895mm or in old money 35.25". Dunno what the stock size was, I never measured them.
Here's a couple of photos of mine when I fitted Sp3 mirrors as you can see they are lower and wider than the tiger ones, i did have some mirror extenders fitted as 2nd photo which gave me a better view (of my shoulders  :008: ) but no where near as good as the speed mirrors  :123:
they look to be a similar width to the Aprilia ones  :152:

« Last Edit: 29 January, 2020, 12:57:04 PM by Tigermike »
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.