Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oil check question  (Read 11478 times)

Offline dreamer

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
Re: Oil check question
« Reply #170 on: 12 September, 2018, 09:10:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
You could the Triumph shortie levers a try, if they're still available for the latest TS. They bring the hand closer in to the switchgear, and still not too strong a pull. Pretty expensive, but worth it IMHO.

That might be what I have fitted - I'll have to check.  We've further modified to file down the cam for the span adjuster, which gives a little bit closer reach still.

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #171 on: 12 September, 2018, 09:44:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by dreamer [+]
That might be what I have fitted - I'll have to check.  We've further modified to file down the cam for the span adjuster, which gives a little bit closer reach still.

Not sure this is a span adjustment issue per se. Ive been looking at this and what Ive found is that if I use all 4 fingers for the clutch its still a stretch for my thumb to reach the indicator, but if I use 3 fingers I can get a lot closer, see below:

One other thing, Im guessing you have the same CNC levers as me, and comparing them it is possible that the OE levers may be better for this issue if you cant get on with the 3 finger shuffle.
« Last Edit: 12 September, 2018, 10:04:21 AM by Timbox »
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #172 on: 12 September, 2018, 10:20:44 AM »
Never ever found it an issue. I guess I must always put the indicator on before or after I engage the clutch.

Surely, if your clutch is depressed, why don't you just use your, now spare, right hand    :008:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #173 on: 12 September, 2018, 11:12:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
Never ever found it an issue. I guess I must always put the indicator on before or after I engage the clutch.

Surely, if your clutch is depressed, why don't you just use your, now spare, right hand    :008:
I don't think you get the same traffic density problems in NZ. The occasional sheep flock is not the same as filtering on the M25 ....  :015:

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #174 on: 12 September, 2018, 01:20:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
I don't think you get the same traffic density problems in NZ. The occasional sheep flock is not the same as filtering on the M25 ....  :015:
Stop trying to make him feel he's coming back to a walk in the park. You know as will as I do that filtering on the M25 is the easiest part of the journey  :745:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #175 on: 12 September, 2018, 01:43:43 PM »
I guess this is one time when the old BMW system of an indicator button on each handlebar might seem sensible.   One for left, one for right, and one somewhere to cancel them.   They were immediately beside the grips IIRC, so would be easier for the thumb length challenged to manage.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #176 on: 12 September, 2018, 06:03:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Stop trying to make him feel he's coming back to a walk in the park. You know as will as I do that filtering on the M25 is the easiest part of the journey  :745:
Well don't want to spoil the dream. if he comes back and realises how manic the driving is these days he might change his mind ....  :114:

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
« Reply #177 on: 12 September, 2018, 06:07:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
I guess this is one time when the old BMW system of an indicator button on each handlebar might seem sensible.   One for left, one for right, and one somewhere to cancel them.   They were immediately beside the grips IIRC, so would be easier for the thumb length challenged to manage.
I always liked that system - it was by far the easiest and the most intuitive to use. Nice big flipper buttons too - really helpful in heavy traffic.

But it was probably more expensive to make, and needed more wiring, which is I guess why they stopped fitting it.

Offline dreamer

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
« Reply #178 on: 12 September, 2018, 06:52:11 PM »
Jjs Bmw has that I think. Much more helpful!

Mike I must have particularly weedy hands because it takes all fingers to pull the clutch in!  Need to work on hand strength (no jokes please!!!!!)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #179 on: 12 September, 2018, 06:57:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]

Sure. it's a doddle, ridden the M25 loadsa times on route to the ferry at Dover.

Ya just hang about for a courier to come past ya, then pull out & stick to his back wheel like poo on a blanket.......Ha, Easy Peasy. Them boys are pure nutters.

I aint got the bottle for it any more, I get the Hull to Zeebrugge ferry nowadays, far less stressful. Canna understand how southerners live longer than us chilled out folk oop norf.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci