Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Motorbike Camping and Porlock Hill :)  (Read 2141 times)

Offline dreamer

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
Re: Motorbike Camping and Porlock Hill :)
« Reply #30 on: 10 August, 2018, 01:31:17 PM »
No I figured the Triumph ones were rubbish - I don't like the look either.  Looking at some Shad hard panniers at the moment.....

Offline dreamer

• Tiger Master
« Reply #31 on: 10 August, 2018, 01:39:31 PM »
BTW how do you find the weight on your legs, with panniers on?

(and those are big panniers!)

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #32 on: 10 August, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by dreamer [+]
BTW how do you find the weight on your legs, with panniers on?

(and those are big panniers!)

The weight is fine, I pack the heavy stuff down low. They are 45/37L. Top loaders are brilliant, wish I'd done it years ago. I had side openers for 20'odd years, had to put them on the floor to pack, then everything falls on the floor when I opened them.

Just googled at those Shad panniers, they look to be mounted quite high up, I've never seen them in the flesh.
https://www.fastbikebits.com/product/4754/triumph-tiger-sport-1050-17-18-panniers-fitting-kit-by-shad

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #33 on: 10 August, 2018, 03:23:25 PM »
Paul, your tank bag looks a bit small to me - think you need a bigger one .....  :001:

I was considering these, the SW-Motech Dakar - https://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/saddlebags/DAKAR/4052572041949.htm
« Last Edit: 10 August, 2018, 03:28:17 PM by Paullie »

Offline dreamer

• Tiger Master
« Reply #34 on: 10 August, 2018, 03:27:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
The weight is fine, I pack the heavy stuff down low. They are 45/37L. Top loaders are brilliant, wish I'd done it years ago. I had side openers for 20'odd years, had to put them on the floor to pack, then everything falls on the floor when I opened them.

Just googled at those Shad panniers, they look to be mounted quite high up, I've never seen them in the flesh.
https://www.fastbikebits.com/product/4754/triumph-tiger-sport-1050-17-18-panniers-fitting-kit-by-shad

I hear you re the top loaders.  The Shad ones have a liner bag and a strap to hold things in when you open them.  And yes they do seem quite high but I haven't seen any low ones?  I've seen soft ones but mostly they seem to need rain covers which is faff, and velcro together at the top which I don't like, and aren't as secure.  Do you know of any others?

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #35 on: 10 August, 2018, 03:40:27 PM »
Check out the Givi stuff. Those SW Motech Trax can likely be had in smaller sizes, I got those 45/37L for when missus comes on back to rallies 'cos she likes to take the stand up tent with carpets anorl.

https://www.givi.co.uk/my-motorcycle#TRIUMPH,Tiger_Sport_1050_(13_>_18)
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Wareagleguy

• Tiger Newbie
  • Ware Eagle!
  • Bike/Model: Tigher 1050
  • City / Town: Saltillo
« Reply #36 on: 10 August, 2018, 03:48:56 PM »
Dreamer,
If you do not mind advice let me give you some suggestions, even veteran riders do wrong.  Overshooting a turn is a clear indication (other than speed) of not enough counter steer and body lean.  In a curve shift your weight inside the turn and slightly push the handlebars to the opposite direction.  Start out slow but after a while, you will notice the bike will just drive in the curve as hard as you are willing to try.  The last thing is never look were you do not want to go!  Look were you want to go and keep your eyes on that spot. 
Because youre just starting this is a great opportunity to learn good habits to make yourself a better rider.  Good luck and have fun! :123:

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #37 on: 10 August, 2018, 03:55:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Paul, your tank bag looks a bit small to me - think you need a bigger one .....  :001:

I was considering these, the SW-Motech Dakar - https://sw-motech.com/en/products/luggage/saddlebags/DAKAR/4052572041949.htm

Haha, aye m8, I was gonna use me old Baglux but they didn't do a tank cover at the time for my model/year. That's the SW Motech city bag in its extended height.

Those Dakar bags look ok, it's all good quality stuff they do. I went off soft luggage after me chum got his nicked with all his tools in CZ. I like to dump all me bike kit in um & lock up...... Then go the pub.

When I travel light I use my Panniers as my table & chair, they're solid enough to sit on.

Leonardo da Vinci

Offline dreamer

• Tiger Master
« Reply #38 on: 10 August, 2018, 03:59:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wareagleguy [+]
Dreamer,
If you do not mind advice let me give you some suggestions, even veteran riders do wrong.  Overshooting a turn is a clear indication (other than speed) of not enough counter steer and body lean.  In a curve shift your weight inside the turn and slightly push the handlebars to the opposite direction.  Start out slow but after a while, you will notice the bike will just drive in the curve as hard as you are willing to try.  The last thing is never look were you do not want to go!  Look were you want to go and keep your eyes on that spot. 
Because youre just starting this is a great opportunity to learn good habits to make yourself a better rider.  Good luck and have fun! :123:

Yep you'er absolutely right!  It's built up in my head and become more of an issue!  I start my IAM course tomorrow and this is one of the things I want to focus on.

Online Puccio

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: Cingoli
« Reply #39 on: 10 August, 2018, 07:37:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Ha, all down to personal opinion.

The conti R/A3 comes up good on some reviews, anybody tried them?

:172: