Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Aftermarket exhaust fitting  (Read 491 times)

Offline Jandiman

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 17
  • City / Town: Brisbane, QLD
Re: Aftermarket exhaust fitting
« Reply #10 on: 10 August, 2018, 11:02:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Delkevic looks smart, but is it me or should it mount closer to the rail? Someone else had an issue with a bracket they had to take out.

BTW, out of interest what's that you use on your seat?  :465:

I think the bracket placement is ok, but maybe I'm just so happy to be rid of the, what is in my opinion, overly heavy and somewhat unsightly OEM can, that I can't see the problem  :001:

The seat cushion is from Wildass. I got it after riding from Brisbane to Bendigo, and whilst the stock seat is not too bad, I just about couldn't walk/sit for three weeks. I can't speak highly enough of this product.

https://www.wild-ass.com/shop/Smart-Air-Gel-Cushion-p70879353

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #11 on: 10 August, 2018, 11:06:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by Jandiman [+]
... whilst the stock seat is not too bad, I just about couldn't walk/sit for three weeks.

:008:  :008:  Thanks.

Offline Kev51

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Cronulla
« Reply #12 on: 11 August, 2018, 11:38:53 AM »
Jandiman
I am looking at getting the Delkovic slip on as you have installed on your bike. How is the sound compared to the original? Did you sort out the gasket issue?
Kev

Offline Jandiman

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 17
  • City / Town: Brisbane, QLD
« Reply #13 on: 11 August, 2018, 12:01:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kev51 [+]
Jandiman
I am looking at getting the Delkovic slip on as you have installed on your bike. How is the sound compared to the original? Did you sort out the gasket issue?
Kev

Hi Kev. Firstly the gasket issue: I rang Delkevic on the day I was installing to discuss with them, and after clarifying what was packaged with my order, the advice given was that I should only need what was supplied. It did come with what I think was a gasket, and high temp silicone sealant, which I used, but I wasn't quite sure whether I could tighten the ring clamp enough to seal it without breaking it. As it stands, I tightened as much as I dare, but I have bought some sort of gasket/sealing paste (meant for exhausts), and I intent to use that just to be sure. And now the sound: you will not be disappointed. It sounds fantastic compared to stock. As I mentioned in a previous post....I am surprised at just how good it sounds...and looks...and feels. I've only heard the bike in the flesh with stock on previously, so I can't compare other after market cans...I'm sure all the big names are great, but given Delkevic are 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of those big names, and given the results, I really think you get very good bang for buck. Let us know how you go.

Cheers.

Offline Kev51

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Cronulla
« Reply #14 on: 11 August, 2018, 12:54:51 PM »
 Jandiman

Thanks for the feedback. I will order the slip on next week and let you know how I go.

Kev