Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Next Gen TS  (Read 12285 times)

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Next Gen TS
« Reply #10 on: 03 August, 2018, 08:25:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
What would be really wonderful:
- a mid-frame petrol tank (a la Honda NC750), so we finally have secure storage integral to the bike!
Anything I've missed?    :164:
Agree with most of that Paullie - the mid-frame petrol tank doesn't appeal to me personally but would like to see larger capacity so longer without refuelling & 60mpg  :028:
ooh adjustable seat height like on new T1200 so short-ar$es dont have to fart about with lowering links &  those over 6ft 2 are comfy (i'm in the middle 6ft)
& more colours ....  :164:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Woz955

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Dalkeith
« Reply #11 on: 03 August, 2018, 09:41:43 PM »
A number here on this forum (including myself) have reported responding to the recent Triumph customer survey focussing on preferred upgrades and accessories for the TS. I'd be pretty surprised if that was sent out if Triumph were dropping the 1050.

The TS sits pretty much on its own in terms of (a lack of) up to the minute rider aides - and that is no bad thing for many of us. Basic traction control and ABS only are just fine by me. Check out this month's BIKE mag to see comments on this from both press and Triumph insiders. I personally would be extremely surprised if we don't hear confirmation of a Mk 3 TS in the autumn (for release in Q1 2019).

If Triumph does decide to drop it, then I for one will be forking out the PCP final payment to keep mine as a (very) long term steed.

As long as I get the damned vibrating discs sorted!!!
Quattuor quoque rotae quae movet corpus - movent animum duabus rotis

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #12 on: 03 August, 2018, 09:46:58 PM »
I知 sure there値l be. An upgrade with the motor from the Speed, so can see more power....just not sure more mpg will go with it :015:

Mind you on my new commute, half Flowing A roads and half dual carriageway, I知 seeing around mid 60痴 anyhow
Does seem to drop if I open the fun tap :007:
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R and ZXR 400 race bike

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: 03 August, 2018, 10:12:02 PM »
Don't forget that the Euro 5 emissions standard is coming at the end of 2019. Lots of bikes bit the dust with Euro 4 and are no more.

No idea how that will fit with this motor, what it will mean is tougher exhaust emissions targets and the adoption of of 前BD Stage II (although OBD II is still being debated). Reality will probably mean a new exhaust that weighs a ton. That is of course if the existing bike survives in it's current guise.

Manufacturers are fully aware of Euro 5 and I suspect that from now on any new or updated models won't actually appear on sale until well into 2019.

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #14 on: 03 August, 2018, 10:49:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
Agree with most of that Paullie - the mid-frame petrol tank doesn't appeal to me personally but would like to see larger capacity so longer without refuelling & 60mpg  :028:
ooh adjustable seat height like on new T1200 so short-ar$es dont have to fart about with lowering links &  those over 6ft 2 are comfy (i'm in the middle 6ft)
& more colours ....  :164:

The NC700 is a glorified scooter for commuting, a centralised tank ain't going to happen, that is not Tiger market,
when i had my Tiger 55-60 mpg was achievable when touring fully loaded which says the latest model isn't as frugal maybe ever increasing emission laws are to blame,
the Tiger is in a bit of a no mans land because it can't compete with the MT09 on price (yes I agree it is still a better built and quality bike) or the likes of it's obvious competitor the XR1000, more tech and power
like it or not that is what is expected in that price category,
Triumph aren't stupid! The Tiger has to evole either up market with power and tech or loose some weight and downsize to MT09 price bracket,

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #15 on: 03 August, 2018, 10:50:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
Don't forget that the Euro 5 emissions standard is coming at the end of 2019. Lots of bikes bite the dust with Euro 4 and are no more.

No idea how that will fit with this motor, what it will mean is tougher exhaust emissions targets and the adoption of of 前BD Stage II (although OBD II is still being debated). Reality will probably mean a new exhaust that weighs a ton. That is of course if the existing bike survives in it's current guise.

Manufacturers are fully aware of Euro 5 and I suspect that from now on any new or updated models won't actually appear on sale until well into 2019.

When I was buying my MY18 bike, the salesman did keep talking about EURO5 and I sort of assumed it was already at that level. Clearly not and I can't see any appeal in such a severely restricted setup.  :110:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #16 on: 03 August, 2018, 11:13:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Woz955 [+]
... As long as I get the damned vibrating discs sorted!!!

You tried the usual (unofficial) solutions? Bobbin cleaning and HH pads?

And BTW, I certainly don't think a mid-frame tank is such a bad idea - I've been pleading with manufacturers for years to make bikes more useful and more practical for everyday use. Honda is the only one that came up with that idea, to their credit. But they've only done it on one bike, which almost certainly means it's more difficult and more expensive to engineer it that way. Cheaper and easier to bolt an ugly great tank full of petrol in front of the rider - bloody stupid when you think about it.

But (sigh) I guess it's not going to happen ... with Triumph anyway ...

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #17 on: 03 August, 2018, 11:41:59 PM »
there is also the bmw F800R which has a fuel tank under the seat (could get a bit hot if you have a leak  :005: )
 i believe and the tank between rider & handlebars is a dummy (think the battery and storage is under it)  :027:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #18 on: 04 August, 2018, 01:54:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by Admin [+]
..........and the adoption of of 前BD Stage II (although OBD II is still being debated).
I'm curious.

OBD-I (which had it's roots in GM's early diagnostic protocol) was first mandated by CARB (California Air Resources Board) in 1991.

The much more comprehensive OBD-II became the industry standard and mandatory for the USA around 1996 and remains to this day (with variants such as JOBD for JDM and some goofy versions used by Italian manufacturers that somehow seems acceptable for sale in the USA).

What's "OBD Stage II' if you don't mind me asking? (I no longer get the SAE journals so am out of the loop - excuse the awful segue/pun).

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #19 on: 04 August, 2018, 07:23:09 AM »
Interesting that the new BMW has reverted to a tank in the usual position on the model, citing more centre of gravity for the reason....which is why I thought it went under the seat in the first place!
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R and ZXR 400 race bike