Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Do I need a new map or reset?  (Read 988 times)

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Do I need a new map or reset?
« Reply #10 on: 01 August, 2018, 07:41:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by JEJones [+]
I reset adaptions last night and took it to work today. The bike is still popping however, it has reduced by about 50%. I also think it seems more controlled and the sound is lovely.
Think Ill just keep this map for now.
Brilliant JEJ,  :0461: its a beautiful sound  :123:
got no plans to change mine either, have lost a bit of the mpg but thats probably down to overuse of the loud lever  :169:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline JEJones

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #11 on: 02 August, 2018, 11:09:01 PM »
Decided to talk the baffle out tonight for a quick run. O my god, what an amazing thunderous roar.
Just asking to be pulled over though. :-)

Online seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #12 on: 02 August, 2018, 11:28:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by JEJones [+]
Decided to talk the baffle out tonight for a quick run. O my god, what an amazing thunderous roar.
Just asking to be pulled over though. :-)
Decent set of earplugs and you'll hardly notice.

Can't comment on the constabulary in your neck of the woods but mine goes into London daily. Only time I ever got pulled was by a (bike) copper handing out leaflets for a bikesafe course. He commended that my exhaust sounded great  :028:. Recon its still quieter than your average Harley, Ducati, or KTM  at least around here it is.

This afternoon I only had 6 miles in traffic so kept my plugs out - initial thought was  :172: it's loud. Baffle out definitely emphasises the popping and banging - especially in the heat. We're back up to 30+ dahn sarf today.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.