Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Best map for standard set up  (Read 2512 times)

Offline JEJones

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
Re: Best map for standard set up
« Reply #20 on: 13 July, 2018, 08:12:08 AM »
I ordered one last night. :-)

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #21 on: 13 July, 2018, 11:52:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
its the standard high mount, heres a picture
BTW, i dont think the Remus Hexacone fits the T1050 - only the TigerSport, i found that when i was looking to replace the Arrow i had on mine, the latest shape exhausts for Scorpion &  Remus  didnt fit :151:

*Originally Posted by JEJones [+]
Having just watched a video of the SC project, I am now verging toward this. The hexacone apparently does fit however, it’s 490. SC Project have the one in the picture below for €380 which is 320 ish and it looks awesome. 3 week delivery time.

I think I may be sold.

Interesting, the one in the SC Project photo looks shorter and mounts much tighter to the body. Do they make different versions depending if you have hard bags or not?
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #22 on: 13 July, 2018, 01:55:13 PM »
Don't think so.  I think I should have removed the small bracket between the exhaust and the bracket on attached to the frame.  Will do that this weekend as I think it should bring it closer to the bike like the arrow was. 😞👍
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #23 on: 13 July, 2018, 09:10:02 PM »
Don't think so.  I think I should have removed the small bracket between the exhaust and the bracket on attached to the frame.  Will do that this weekend as I think it should bring it closer to the bike like the arrow was. 😞👍

Air flow and cooling would win that argument for me and leave it unchanged 👌
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Master
« Reply #24 on: 15 July, 2018, 02:55:57 PM »
i have removed the small bracket between exhaust clamp & bracket on frame, what do you think - Better?  :084:
nearly the same as the picture from the SC website.

Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #25 on: 15 July, 2018, 03:11:03 PM »
Deffo looks better! In fact I'm surprised you weren't stressing the joint on the previous setup ...

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Master
« Reply #26 on: 15 July, 2018, 06:29:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Deffo looks better! In fact I'm surprised you weren't stressing the joint on the previous setup ...
thanks Paullie, the small spacer plate i removed only lifted the can about an inch, so should be little stress on the where the link pipe connects down the bottom.  :028:

Offline JEJones

• Tiger Member
« Reply #27 on: 15 July, 2018, 07:14:34 PM »
i have removed the small bracket between exhaust clamp & bracket on frame, what do you think - Better?  :084:
nearly the same as the picture from the SC website.

:028: looks much better.
« Last Edit: 15 July, 2018, 07:16:10 PM by JEJones »

Offline JEJones

• Tiger Member
« Reply #28 on: 21 July, 2018, 12:36:00 AM »
Got a nice email from SC Project this morning advising me that my exhaust has been shipped and will arrive on Tuesday.
Thats only 11 days from ordering. I cant wait.

Online Tigermike

• Tiger Master
« Reply #29 on: 21 July, 2018, 10:01:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by JEJones [+]
Got a nice email from SC Project this morning advising me that my exhaust has been shipped and will arrive on Tuesday.
Thats only 11 days from ordering. I cant wait.
Wow that's quick  :152: maybe they have ramped up production so all the orders are complete before summer shutdown  :027:
You will need to get a new exhaust gasket as there wasn't one in the kit when I got mine, (not sure if Berwick bandit had the same issue with the one for his TSport).
Also where the link pipe goes into the headers, the section of pipe is not very long, so only enters about an inch and a half. Make sure that's fully engaged at install. And make sure the clamp is nice and tight.
The end can is a very tight fit on the link pipe so will need some gentle persuasion to get it square to the bike when looking at the exit from the rear .
If the strap that goes round the end can is the same as mine you won't need to fit the spacer beween the 2 flat parts on the strap as the strap will be too loose around the can.  :125:
Apologies if this sounds like I am trying to teach you how to suck eggs. The instructions are fairly basic so if I can save you a bit of pain and cursing  :211:
All the best with the install, you will have a huge smile when you take the bike out first time  :156: