Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Suggestions needed for which map  (Read 799 times)

Offline C3RRR

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050 non ab
  • City / Town: Nottingham
Re: Suggestions needed for which map
« Reply #10 on: 06 July, 2018, 07:53:36 AM »
Open the airbox as you need to double check if anyone's messed about with it.  I was told it was all standard and it wasn't so the maps i was running wasn't suited.
A dealer wouldn't check or know if its standard.
Its a 20 minute job to check if you leave all the fairing in place

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #11 on: 06 July, 2018, 10:24:22 AM »
Let's think about the advice we are giving here. Whether the 'dogbone' has been altered or removed or not will make little or no difference to a standard bike. Connecting a supercharger might, on the other hand, make a difference ...  :087:

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is sound advice. People create problems for themselves by messing about without knowing properly what they are doing - but they are seldom honest enough to tell us about the mistakes afterwards.

IMHO, if you want a better exhaust note then by all means fit a different pipe, and get the appropriate tune to match to ensure engine doesn't run weak. Only if you're out and out racing or frequently on the track are you going to be bothered about free breathing / air filter mods / decats / maximum power. The rest is so much BS, or people deceiving themselves, or both. And giving advice to other people to make the same mistakes is the worst of all  :125:

So please, have a think before you spout off with your advice. Your own bike might be running great, but the changes you've worked out over years might not work so well for others who haven't followed the same course. It's all opinions here, but some are more useful than others ....   :033:

Eh, rant over ....  :158:

« Last Edit: 06 July, 2018, 10:26:41 AM by Paullie »

Offline Growler

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: NW Arkansas
« Reply #12 on: 09 July, 2018, 01:19:27 AM »
OK, for now I'm simply going to add my Mivv low pipe and add a new map. No decat, no dogbone mod or anything else. I'm 53 and not into going fast. Backroads and twisties while enjoying the view is how I ride. Any suggestions on the correct map for just the pipe addition?
Thanks for all your imput

Offline indytiger1050

• Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #13 on: 12 July, 2018, 12:47:41 AM »
Dave's or Arrow road.
Support the forum.   :031: