Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: This all looks very interesting...  (Read 1100 times)

Offline Nessmuk

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Bedfordshire
This all looks very interesting...
« on: 13 June, 2018, 02:58:36 PM »
This TuneEcu stuff all looks very interesting, I think I'm gonna have to order the cable from Lonelec next month and start playing   I've never had a bike that you can play around with in this way before!  My bike has an Arrow can on it but I've no idea which map it might have installed.  Is it possible to save what's already in your ECU so it could be put back if needed?
Also have BMW K1200RS, XJR1300SP (Yellow of course) and a WR250F

Offline rode2rouen

• Tiger Master
  • Triple-licious!
  • Bike/Model: '07 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: N.E. oHIo
Re: This all looks very interesting...
« Reply #1 on: 13 June, 2018, 04:57:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nessmuk [+]
This TuneEcu stuff all looks very interesting, I think I'm gonna have to order the cable from Lonelec next month and start playing 

You will be very smart to go to the TuneECU site and delve deeply into the information as to using the program
before you start "playing".
TuneECU is NOT a toy, and a few errors when making alterations to a map can lead to very expensive results!

Rex

Offline Davy1100

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2009 tiger 1050
  • City / Town: larne
« Reply #2 on: 13 June, 2018, 06:23:55 PM »
Look in the mods  sticky and there's a full pic by pic how to and yes you read the map on your bike then save it to laptop then  you can try different tunes and always in back to original if you want

Offline Texan Rider

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Ft Worth, Texas
« Reply #3 on: 13 June, 2018, 07:38:01 PM »
A key item to remember when using the TuneECU program is patience.
Depending on your computer, etc., the program may take a while to read your current map.
Definitely save off your current map before you load anything.

When you are looking at the screen showing fueling, for example, you can click on each number and make a change for each cylinder.
This can be done for the entire rev range.
Caution! however.  You can severely, and expensively, damage the engine.

Open up several different maps and look at the difference before you put one on the bike.

Otherwise, it's nice to be able to alter many aspects of your bike.
You can also correct for the 6% built-in spedo error from the factory.

Enjoy!
White Tiger Rider
"Which way you going?" they asked.
After some thought, I replied, "Doesn't matter, as long as I'm going."

Offline Nessmuk

• Tiger Member
« Reply #4 on: 15 June, 2018, 08:35:49 AM »
I've installed TuneECU and started to have a play with it standalone to see what's what.  So far I've just loaded different maps to to try and understand what things you can change.  It looks dead easy to do I have to say.  I love the way you can compare two maps and see where the differences are.  Like with the Arrow road and race can maps you can see where they alter the air/fuel to get more instant and mid range power.

All good fun!

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #5 on: 15 June, 2018, 08:44:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Nessmuk [+]
I've installed TuneECU and started to have a play with it standalone to see what's what.  So far I've just loaded different maps to to try and understand what things you can change.  It looks dead easy to do I have to say.  I love the way you can compare two maps and see where the differences are.  Like with the Arrow road and race can maps you can see where they alter the air/fuel to get more instant and mid range power.

All good fun!

If you look at the tunes list here: http://www.tuneecu.com/Tune_List.html you can check to see if your current tune is current or has been superseded.

If you already have a current tune, there is no need to copy it to your PC, as you can simply download it again, from tuneecu.com.

FYI: It takes an eternity to download an existing tune from the bike's ECU however just a short while to load a new one. :031:
Good luck .
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline TimboLeMatelot

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Worthing
« Reply #6 on: 15 June, 2018, 09:12:17 AM »
Save your money.......

Go and see/speak to Hilltop Motorcycles in Hinkley. You will get a far better result than one of the available maps. They will reflash the ECU with their own engine management software and in my (humble) opinion it will outperform any other aftermarket solution. There is info on here about it.

For what it is worth I have just serviced both Tiger Sport and Street Triple, both had textbook ideal spark plug colour, indicative of correct fueling. The post flash dyno graphs provide further evidence. Thrashing the Tiger around the PIcos in Spain last week I achieved a respectable  average 50mpg over 1300 miles. All on the twisties, up and down the gearbox.

Bw

Timbo

Offline Nessmuk

• Tiger Member
« Reply #7 on: 15 June, 2018, 09:40:07 AM »
Save my money?

360 does not stack up against 17 for the cable  :001:

I'm a tinkerer and can't resist things like this  :001:, even if I had money to burn I don't think I'd pay someone to do it.  I won't be jumping in feet first as I have a technical background and know the consequences of changing stuff you don't understand.  Also I'll hopefully learn something new worth knowing.

As far as I know plug chops are only really meaningful if you kill the engine at the revs/load you're checking and remove them, but it's probably OK as a general indicator.  I'd guess that if it was miles off everywhere you'd tell that way.  In TuneECU you can alter the air/fuel ratio at a given throttle position and revs, as long as you don't stray too far from the correct stoichiometric ratio I can't see too much going wrong.  Looking at different maps you can see where they are different to get the power.  It would be interesting if someone could get one of the Hilltop maps and put it online somewhere.  Are they subject to copyright I wonder?

Simon

Offline Nessmuk

• Tiger Member
« Reply #8 on: 15 June, 2018, 09:42:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
If you look at the tunes list here: http://www.tuneecu.com/Tune_List.html you can check to see if your current tune is current or has been superseded.

If you already have a current tune, there is no need to copy it to your PC, as you can simply download it again, from tuneecu.com.

FYI: It takes an eternity to download an existing tune from the bike's ECU however just a short while to load a new one. :031:
Good luck .

The first thing I'll do when I get a cable is to see what map I have installed.  I have the Arrow road can but no idea what map is in there.

Offline Tall Paul

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #9 on: 15 June, 2018, 10:12:04 AM »
I have an unused Lonelec cable for sale if anybody wants it. Can't remember  how much I paid. Offers.
2017 Tiger Sport
1980 Honda CX 500 A
1982 Honda CX 500 CC (USA import)
1972 Honda SL100 (USA import)
Life is to short to tolerate wankers.