Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Good tune for my bike?!  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Good tune for my bike?!
« Reply #40 on: 03 July, 2018, 06:45:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
I did that once on my sprint. Can't remember which app but it may have been Torque. My original idea was to overlay the data on my video footage with GPS and engine info included but quickly realised how much harm such a video might cause if inadvertently published. It did work though.
What? You mean, like showing 7K rpm in top ..?  :002:

Offline AyDee

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Triumph Tiger 1050 '09
« Reply #41 on: 04 July, 2018, 08:22:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
No such luxury  :110:

I believe that if you stick with that tune and install a Booster Plug, your snachy issues will be a thing of the past  :169:
(worked for me)

Hey yellow dog,

The snatchyness is more than acceptable atm. Because of the K&N airfilter it solved alot. Problem is the fact that the engine holds in at the range of 3000-4000 rpm and beyond 4000 the engine pulls again but not that hard. When I used the Dave V2 mapping (with standard exhaust and standard airfilter) this was not an issue. So with this new filter it gets more air, and I think the engine holds in at that RPM range because it doesn't get enough fuel (?). Does it make sense to think that way because with the standard pipe and filter, everything worked great, i replaced the filter (Dave V2 tune still in) and the pipe and it holds in.

I think I need to install some other tunes which have a righer F/A ratio from 2500 rpm (richer than Dave V2 and 20550).
Does anyone have some experience with tunes who can help me with this? (So many tunes,.....)
Everything that doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Offline AyDee

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #42 on: 04 July, 2018, 08:27:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
I did that once on my sprint. Can't remember which app but it may have been Torque. My original idea was to overlay the data on my video footage with GPS and engine info included but quickly realised how much harm such a video might cause if inadvertently published. It did work though.

Hmmm,.... that sounds a bit scary indeed 🙈 So,... I only know how the graph in tuneecu looks like and that my bike isn't responding well at a certain rpm,.... how can I know what to change? Should I bring it to a testing bank and pay a couple of hundred euro's then? Nah,... 😎

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #43 on: 04 July, 2018, 10:26:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by AyDee [+]
Hmmm,.... that sounds a bit scary indeed 🙈 So,... I only know how the graph in tuneecu looks like and that my bike isn't responding well at a certain rpm,.... how can I know what to change? Should I bring it to a testing bank and pay a couple of hundred euro's then? Nah,... 😎
Probably a dyno run will diagnose/sort any problems and save you a lot of time ....

Offline AyDee

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #44 on: 04 July, 2018, 07:09:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Probably a dyno run will diagnose/sort any problems and save you a lot of time ....

Yeah I guess so,... the only thing what I want to try is to upload the arrow mapping and the TOR, because i didnt try them. What do you guys ink, will this work in combo with my K&N filter?

Offline AyDee

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #45 on: 06 July, 2018, 06:11:53 AM »
I want to try is to upload the arrow mapping and the TOR, because i didnt try them. What do you guys ink, will this work in combo with my K&N filter?

Anyone experiences?

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #46 on: 06 July, 2018, 06:53:44 AM »
Anyone experiences?

Yes, the Arrow Map tune, with or without CAT are both available, however you need to distinguish between the Arrow Race and Arrow Street maps.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8