Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Good tune for my bike?!  (Read 4224 times)

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
Re: Good tune for my bike?!
« Reply #20 on: 13 June, 2018, 09:45:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by AyDee [+]
Sry I forgot,... I use the V2 from Dave now.... so i your case I wouldn't run that tune with your SC project exhaust. Im going to check out the differences from the 20545 and the Dave V2 because the 20545 should be richer in fuel on the middle to higher rpm's then right? Because ATM with Dave's V2 tune and my scorpion and K&N filter, it seems to have less power in that range.
Thanks Aydee, not too bothered about a bit less power in mid range. Just trying to find best solution for the snatchy throttle at low speed and rpm.  :173:
I knew that indies tune would only work if I did a decat, so wondered if Dave's v2 tune would be good? There doesn't seem to be many using his map as most seem to do all the mods and load indies map. :027:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #21 on: 13 June, 2018, 09:56:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
You'll need 95 or 98 fuel, for tune No.20545  :169:
I don't fill the bike up with anything else YD, made the mistake of using normal unleaded for the 1st two tank fulls and wondered why it was running poor with crap mpg until a friend told me triumphs need the higher octane petrol  :152:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #22 on: 13 June, 2018, 10:31:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tigermike [+]
I don't fill the bike up with anything else YD, made the mistake of using normal unleaded for the 1st two tank fulls and wondered why it was running poor with crap mpg until a friend told me triumphs need the higher octane petrol  :152:

Some tunes do and some tunes don't.

The standard tune on the new Tiger Sport models doesn't seem to run a differently on the higher Octane fuel  :110:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #23 on: 14 June, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »
Some tunes do and some tunes don't.

The standard tune on the new Tiger Sport models doesn't seem to run a differently on the higher Octane fuel  :110:

I agree, cant see or feel any difference between fuel grades, but I still put the expensive stuff in every few tanks in the belief It may keep the system a bit cleaner, but maybe thats b&^&%s, and Ive just fallen for the marketing hype :008:
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline TCC

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: St Ives, Sydney
« Reply #24 on: 14 June, 2018, 12:37:53 AM »
I tell many people they're wasting their money on using fuel with an octane beyond what the engine needs but I can only share the knowledge - it takes wisdom to listen.
Still, with stock in the petro business I guess I ultimately benefit.

Offline Texan Rider

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Ft Worth, Texas
« Reply #25 on: 14 June, 2018, 12:58:04 AM »
I've run the higher octane in town, and on long trips.
There's definitely a noticeable difference in the mpg and performance, especially when fully loaded and accelerating uphill.

This said, if you're putting along between 3,000-4,000 rpms all the time, then you won't notice much difference, so use the cheap stuff.
If that's the case, then why have the Tiger if you're not gonna rip the roads and enjoy the ride!
White Tiger Rider
"Which way you going?" they asked.
After some thought, I replied, "Doesn't matter, as long as I'm going."

Offline C3RRR

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050 non ab
  • City / Town: Nottingham
« Reply #26 on: 14 June, 2018, 06:38:34 AM »
My friend. You ran 20545 before removing the CAT. You said it fixed everything and ran well  :008:
Mr Yellow, a little correction just for the record.  The cat was already removed unbeknownst to me.  The bike did run well with the map but i assumed the cat was still in until i looked.
I made a post with pics, so there hehe!!😁😁😁

Offline Pumpkin1970

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Bristol
« Reply #27 on: 14 June, 2018, 06:40:24 AM »
Hi all, I keep hearing Indy's tune won't work without de-catting first but it runs great on mine. Recently did 2 weeks in Spain, ran perfectly, very smooth and quick to rev, never stalled and averaged 52.2mpg.  Worth a try that's all I am saying.
My spec is:
2008 Tigger
Airbox mod
K&n filter
Indy' tune
Tiger sport exhaust

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #28 on: 14 June, 2018, 09:37:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by C3RRR [+]
Mr Yellow, a little correction just for the record.  The cat was already removed unbeknownst to me.  The bike did run well with the map but i assumed the cat was still in until i looked.
I made a post with pics, so there hehe!!😁😁😁

Well that's blown the illusion. I though you were a super hero and removed the CAT between posts. I was pretty damn well impressed.

Not now  :151:

Naaa, you're OK. Still impressed at that 7.5 hour ride, a couple of days after getting the bike. You started out as 'Cautious' and moved to 'Adventurous' faster than anyone I have seen on here :008:

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #29 on: 14 June, 2018, 09:40:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Pumpkin1970 [+]
Hi all, I keep hearing Indy's tune won't work without de-catting first but it runs great on mine. Recently did 2 weeks in Spain, ran perfectly, very smooth and quick to rev, never stalled and averaged 52.2mpg.

Great posting :152:

Someone on the Farcebook said that their mechanic told them that the CAT has a minimal impact on the air flow and if you do the airbox and exhaust mods, that's all you need  :490: