Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger Sport 14 Electrical Behaviour  (Read 2618 times)

Offline Timbox

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 TS Matt Black
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: Tiger Sport 14 Electrical Behaviour
« Reply #40 on: 30 October, 2018, 05:51:54 PM »
Yep, 55w on 12v is approx 4.5amps x 2 .  Convert to cyclops 4000k bulbs and your down to 30w, so 2.5amps x 2, almost half the current draw
2016 Tiger Sport, Power Commander, DNA, Wilbers Suspension, Healtech Q/S

Offline Tigermike

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Bk/Grey 1050SE
  • City / Town: Banbury
« Reply #41 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:11:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Them newbies ...... they are 10W ones ... The bracket is an SW-Motech Hawk bracket from Square Deals Ltd.
Love the new lights Paullie, are they the ones where the outer ring is a different colour?
hope your bracket is better quality than mine, paint started flaking off after 6 months  :151:
Yam RD125 DX, Kwak GPZ305, Honda CB400T, 1983 Kwak GT550, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Tiger 1050SE .... got there in the end.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #42 on: 01 November, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »
Outer ring is more or less the same colour. They're not really spots though, quite a wide-spreading beam. So I'll have to treat them as driving lights and make sure to aim them downwards.

In any case, the point is more about being seen, especially when filtering, than seeing any distance. I find the standard TS lights quite adequate for that.

Yeah, the bracket looks like a bit of angle-iron that's been sprayed black. Doesn't look quite as good quality as the previous light-bar that I had on the T1050 - and quite why that one doesn't fit the TS I don't know (or is not marketed as fitting).

One thing on the TS - it's a bit more tricky getting the side panels on and off now (they have to slide forward). Can still be done, but need to do it carefully. And any surplus length on the light mounting bolts cut off.