Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: IOM TT starts today!  (Read 685 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
IOM TT starts today!
« on: 01 June, 2018, 10:21:23 AM »
IOM TT practice starts today. ITV4 will be showing highlights tonight at 9 pm. And, I believe, of the racing throughout next week.  :031:

I was once an IOM marshall ... sigh ... never a racer though ....

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
Re: IOM TT starts today!
« Reply #1 on: 01 June, 2018, 10:36:27 AM »
very very exciting. I've only actually been once. The number of deaths is a little concerning though.

Have been following Guy Martin for as few years. Real shame is he has called it a day. Great character and totally fearless.
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #2 on: 01 June, 2018, 11:01:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
very very exciting. I've only actually been once. The number of deaths is a little concerning though.

Have been following Guy Martin for as few years. Real shame is he has called it a day. Great character and totally fearless.

I did not hear Guy was not racing, he is an exciting racer to watch, even if I have no clue what he is saying in the post race interviews! :015:

I also read that John McGuiness is out due to a leg injury not completely healed and Bruce Anstey is out due to cancer. Hope they both make a speedy recovery.
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline Snozzeltoff

• Tiger Pro
  • Video Games, Bikes, Bike racing.
  • Bike/Model: 1050->Now KTM 1290 SAS
« Reply #3 on: 01 June, 2018, 11:12:39 AM »
Practice started last Saturday and racing begins tomorrow.
I was due to sail out there today but work commitments made me change so I'm heading out there tomorrow evening instead. Miss the first days racing which is a shame but still two more days of it as I'm heading home on the friday, missing the senior again.
There is no place like it, I go back every year as a spectator. Can't wait to get back over tomorrow night.  :046:

Guy is indeed not racing this year, he may return but I think for now he's taking a time out with the new wife and child.
Hutchy is somehow back again after just recovering from breaking the same leg again last year. McGuiness had a similar leg injury to Hutchy, he was due to be racing the Norton but it wasn't fully healed and the cage had to go back on so that rules him out this year.

Offline Yellow Dog

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #4 on: 01 June, 2018, 11:18:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
I did not hear Guy was not racing, he is an exciting racer to watch, even if I have no clue what he is saying in the post race interviews! :015:

I also read that John McGuiness is out due to a leg injury not completely healed and Bruce Anstey is out due to cancer. Hope they both make a speedy recovery.

I became a Guy Martin fan after watching the feature length documentary, about 6 years ago, on the young naive lad, with a strong natural tallent for racing, and no fear.

Most need subtitles for when he speaks, so don't worry about that  :008: 
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT (c8

Offline Tall Paul

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #5 on: 01 June, 2018, 03:53:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yellow Dog [+]
I became a Guy Martin fan after watching the feature length documentary, about 6 years ago, on the young naive lad, with a strong natural tallent for racing, and no fear.

Most need subtitles for when he speaks, so don't worry about that  :008:

Dunno wot tharz on abaht lad........................
2017 Tiger Sport
2003 Triumph T100
1980 Honda CX 500 A
1972 Honda SL100 (USA import)
Life is to short to tolerate wankers.

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 B-Mer
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #6 on: 01 June, 2018, 04:30:01 PM »
Always enjoy watching TT! Sad news about Dan Kneen who died in practise Wed evening. That's the bit I dread every year.  I was looking for something else last week and found a picture of the Mrs and me heading off to our first TT. 20yrs ago on my FJ1200! The following year '99 we marshalled on mountain mile and I found a sparky slider in the verge hence the avatar pic on the Firestorm!  Happy days.

Too old to die young!

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #7 on: 01 June, 2018, 04:31:45 PM »
Always look forward to the TT (on the telly) but it hasn't started well with the loss of Dan Kneen and Steve Mercer critical  :006:
I don't think Guy Martin will race at the TT again,
top end times are very close, we could be seeing a classic if the weather holds up

Offline Fossil

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2018 B-Mer
  • City / Town: Newbury
« Reply #8 on: 02 June, 2018, 08:39:56 PM »
Looking forward to watching today's race highlights at 9pm! Been listening to them live on Manx Radio all afternoon and they were epic races, don't want to spoil  it for anyone so I'll leave you to see for yourselves! 
Too old to die young!