Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: '07 Tiger 1050 - light touring needs  (Read 2229 times)

slartidbartfast and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Snozzeltoff

• Tiger Member
  • Video Games, Bikes, Bike racing.
  • Bike/Model: 1050->Now KTM 1290 SAS
Re: '07 Tiger 1050 - light touring needs
« Reply #10 on: 18 May, 2018, 03:37:18 PM »
I have the Standard panniers but hardly ever use them, cant fit a helmet in those.
I use the Givi E47 everyday, can fit two helmets in that with a little leftover space but not much.

Offline Mike_B

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
« Reply #11 on: 19 May, 2018, 09:10:06 AM »
Do the V35s actually fit?   I thought they used a different mount which wasnt available for the Tiger.   Happy to be proven wrong on that though as they are nice looking units and of a sensible size.

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #12 on: 19 May, 2018, 11:16:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by Wcwilson [+]
Does anyone have the Givi  V35 or E41 on their Tiger? Can a helmet fit in them? How do you like them?

I have the Givi E41's and small E37 top box, (don't like carrying too much weight that high and far back). Using the SW Motech pannier/top box brackets, the pannier rails have quick release fasteners and leave only a couple of mounting tabs when not being used. I was using the OEM hardbags and tailpack when touring solo but needed some more space when my wife started touring with me. The OEM set up looks much nicer than the Givi but was a struggle to pack, especially the smaller exhaust side bag. One downside with the E41's, it makes the Tiger's butt as wide as a city bus! Easy to scuff up if your not paying attention. :164:
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline Wcwilson

• Tiger Member
« Reply #13 on: 19 May, 2018, 09:26:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Mike_B [+]
Do the V35s actually fit?   I thought they used a different mount which wasnt available for the Tiger.   Happy to be proven wrong on that though as they are nice looking units and of a sensible size.

The assumption I was working under is that anything monokey would fit on those mounts. Could be wrong but it seems like I saw pics of them mounted on a Tiger 1050. Although I guess it could have been a newer sport. Not sure of much of anything which is why I posted. ;-)

Offline peejayess

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2014 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
« Reply #14 on: 21 May, 2018, 11:17:59 AM »
I've got the Triumph panniers and top box set (came with the bike - TS '14) and they hold enough for two of us for a week of B&B/hotel. In fact we didn't use all we took. It's all in how you pack as much as what you pack, and it's a standing joke in our family how much SWMBO has to take with her just for a trip to the shops!!

Offline garandman

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 08 T1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Boston
« Reply #15 on: 10 June, 2018, 12:07:47 PM »
I got Trax with SW MOTECH mounts. Theyre practical, if that means Im an Adventure Poser so be it.

Ditto on the aftermarket shock. The stocker is pretty poor. I got a three way Penske but thats overkill unless you are riding hard, like track days.
*Originally Posted by Woodie [+]
Do what I did, get yer missus her own bike. then she has to carry her own gear, she'll soon work out what NOT to pack..  :008:
Theres something to be said for that in that if your kids are young, as two-up one SMIDSY can take out two parents. Just got my wife a Honda CB500F ABS.
« Last Edit: 10 June, 2018, 12:10:20 PM by garandman »
2008 Tiger 1050 ABS | 2009 TW200 | 2012 WR250R | 2008 CRF100F | 1975 R90/6

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #16 on: 10 June, 2018, 09:36:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Wcwilson [+]
The assumption I was working under is that anything monokey would fit on those mounts. Could be wrong but it seems like I saw pics of them mounted on a Tiger 1050. Although I guess it could have been a newer sport. Not sure of much of anything which is why I posted. ;-)

I'm pretty sure the V35's don't fit a tiger,
I seem to remember someone on here modding the frames to make them fit but with a low can, it may be what you have seen

Offline Wcwilson

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: 12 June, 2018, 02:00:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by tiggersteve [+]
I'm pretty sure the V35's don't fit a tiger,
I seem to remember someone on here modding the frames to make them fit but with a low can, it may be what you have seen

Even my local Triumph dealer quoted me the v35 cases with the PL727 rack.

I just found this showing that you are right:

Please Note: The Givi PL727 pannier holder is designed to fit MONOKEY pannier cases (it cannot fit Givi V35 or V35 Tech panniers which use a different fitting system, MONOKEY SIDE). Thanks!
« Last Edit: 12 June, 2018, 02:04:51 AM by Wcwilson »

Offline Gogs Alba

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 08
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #18 on: 27 December, 2018, 10:23:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by garandman [+]
I got Trax with SW MOTECH mounts. Theyre practical, if that means Im an Adventure Poser so be it.

Ditto on the aftermarket shock. The stocker is pretty poor. I got a three way Penske but thats overkill unless you are riding hard, like track days.Theres something to be said for that in that if your kids are young, as two-up one SMIDSY can take out two parents. Just got my wife a Honda CB500F ABS.

Hi Garandman, Didnt want to tart a new thread re panniers- I am just about to pull the E Bay Trigger on a pair of Givi- Outback Trekker 48 litre panniers for my old 1050 and the PL727 set of brackets. I have however a low slung exhaust so want these big babies as close to the rear sub frame as poss. Do you know if there is a Givi or aftermarket bracket that mirrors the left side ( close to frame bracket) that i can buy? or is it as i presume that i will have to doctor the right side so the bracket will mirror the left side and not stick out like a deformed ear....?
Thanks in advance
G

Online slartidbartfast

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Louisiana
« Reply #19 on: 28 December, 2018, 02:50:39 PM »
Note that the Givi clamshell-style universal bags are a pain in the ass to pack and use unless you remove them from the bike every time you want to add/remove anything.  The top loading bags are the way to go.  As most of these are squarer and therefore "adventure styled", choosing these is not adventure-poseur but a practical choice.  You might also consider that the very square-edged bags are more likely to cause injury in a crash and noticeably less aerodynamic.
2008 Tiger 1050 ABS, 2016 KTM 1290 SA(T), 1985 BMW R80RT, 2008 Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS, 2006 Suzuki DR 350, 1987 Yamaha TW 200, 2001 Hyosung 125