Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anyone used JMT batteries?  (Read 1142 times)

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
Re: Anyone used JMT batteries?
« Reply #10 on: 04 January, 2019, 05:16:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
Interesting. Dealer said he was expecting my battery in at noon. I phoned at 1:30 and he said yes its on charge - be ready in half an hour. YTX14H-BS now in and started first time. Took it back to the dealer who checked the starter motor, charging and current draw and everything appears ok. Dash voltmeter reads a steady 14.1 when I'm riding.

Just curious to compare, do your volts drop a bit if you flash the main beams?  I had everything on the other day ( Grips, Heated jacket etc) and idling was fine unless I flashed the main beams, then it would drop to 13.7 ish, same if idling and the fan came on.  Blipping the throttle brought it back up so dont think its an issue really, just curious as I say
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #11 on: 04 January, 2019, 05:43:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Just curious to compare, do your volts drop a bit if you flash the main beams?  I had everything on the other day ( Grips, Heated jacket etc) and idling was fine unless I flashed the main beams, then it would drop to 13.7 ish, same if idling and the fan came on.  Blipping the throttle brought it back up so dont think its an issue really, just curious as I say
Can't remember when last I used them as they are completely overwhelmed by the LED dipped beams  :007:, will check on the weekend if I remember. It did drop to 13.8 idling in the garage when the fan kicked in. I had nothing extra on today to make sure the battery got as much as it could. Not convinced it was fully charged when it went in and only did around 20 miles today. Short ride into Reading tomorrow to claim the warranty on my last battery but will be doing a 200 mile rideout on Sunday. That should have it ready to go back to work  :028:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #12 on: 04 January, 2019, 05:53:00 PM »
Can't remember when last I used them as they are completely overwhelmed by the LED dipped beams  :007:, will check on the weekend if I remember. It did drop to 13.8 idling in the garage when the fan kicked in. I had nothing extra on today to make sure the battery got as much as it could. Not convinced it was fully charged when it went in and only did around 20 miles today. Short ride into Reading tomorrow to claim the warranty on my last battery but will be doing a 200 mile rideout on Sunday. That should have it ready to go back to work  :028:

Yep, fair enough, sounds the same with the fan anyway, ta.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #13 on: 05 January, 2019, 01:14:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
Yup - 3.7 when I flash.
No problem getting a refund, one of the cells was toast.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline MrMoon

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050SE
« Reply #14 on: 14 January, 2019, 12:38:01 PM »
Yup - 3.7 when I flash.
No problem getting a refund, one of the cells was toast.

Found you a replacement with enough CCA I reckon. You might want to clean up under your seat though ...

Offline tigergaz

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2011 1050.
  • City / Town: Northampton
« Reply #15 on: 09 February, 2019, 04:07:47 PM »
I am just about to buy a JMT battery,it has the highest CCA iv'e seen,my current battery is 180cca and iv'e seen most 14 batteries advertised with 200cca but the jmt has 230cca which is great as i want to run heated grips from the battery,my question is does it matter that it is YT[Z] and not YT[X] the ytx one's are too tall to fit in the bike,thanks.