Author Topic: New style Tiger Sport Front Brake Vibration (warped discs?)  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Caldtek

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2017
  • City / Town: Nuneaton
Re: New style Tiger Sport Front Brake Vibration (warped discs?)
Reply #10 on: 01 May, 2018, 12:18:17 PM
My Tiger did exactly the same, after the first service it was fine but then i went on a "spirited ride" for a good hour and they developed a shudder on braking between certain speeds and certain braking levels made it more pronounced. Tried cleaning the bobbins, but that didn't help.Took it to the dealers and they replaced the disks under warranty (around the 5K kms mark) The new discs (no pads were fitted tho) were fine for the next 4k or so, but after a quick 1000 km ride the shudder has returned. I booked a 10K Km service at the dealers and I believe they are going to replace the discs again for free. My worry is that after the warranty has expired (its a yea old and this will be the 3rd set of discs) What are my options? if i dont get a "good set" of discs (if they exist) anyone know of an aftermarket set? or am i better of trying a different set of pads now to see if that fixes the issue?

Online Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
Re: New style Tiger Sport Front Brake Vibration (warped discs?)
Reply #11 on: 01 May, 2018, 03:01:10 PM
^^^^Get it checked out like I said on page 1, post 3.
Also: '16 Tiger 800, '95 Yamaha Serow, '58 Ariel FH.

Offline Buzzard

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Tiger 1050SE
  • City / Town: Sydney West
Graphite Stealth version, Madstad 18" screen, GiPro gear indicator, Komy 3000 LED spotties, Delkevic 350mm noise maker, TOR Tune.