Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: WSBK  (Read 796 times)

Offline The Berwick Bandit

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Berwick-upon-Tweed
WSBK
« on: 26 February, 2018, 08:31:48 AM »
At last, bike racing back on the telly, :046: was good to see Camier getting to grips with the Honda, :028: shame Laverty tasted the dirt, more expense for poor old Shaun Muir. :157:
" You buy cheap ! you buy twice "
White 2014 1050 sport, Maxton , SC Projects high level carbon, Ventura luggage, Motobatt 16h. Power commander V, custom map.

Online Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
Re: WSBK
« Reply #1 on: 26 February, 2018, 01:20:05 PM »
Only watched the first race so far

Certainly good to have racing back, and hope that WSBK has some more contenders this year.

My favorite is still BSB both superbikes and supersport, such close racing with different manufacturers and riders mixing it up for the entire race 
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #2 on: 26 February, 2018, 01:57:15 PM »
First race was a bit samo procession,
race two, lets have pit stops from now on,
cursed and swore when Chaz fell, now playing catch up, AGAIN  :013:

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: 26 February, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »
Cant help but feel its all a bit man made,Kawasaki refuse to spend telephone numbers that required for MotoGP and consider WSB better value for money and consequently think the 9million they spend is a bargain but because the other manufacturers choose to spend most of their bucks in MotoGP and less on WSB Dorna have decided to change the rules Kawasaki have had their engines reduced my 1200 revs and hence why Melandri got Rea on the line.

For the same reason we like to develop our road bikes race teams in WSB will be penalised for doing the same.

Of course one could consider thats its a Dorna conspiracy to force Kawasaki back to Moto GP  :002:

Offline tiggersteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
« Reply #4 on: 26 February, 2018, 07:16:41 PM »
Slip streaming and pipping people to the line is common place at Philip Island  :150:

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #5 on: 26 February, 2018, 08:47:34 PM »
Ducati are no better about threatening to quit,  :173: how many times have they thrown the toys out the pram  :019:when Dorna  try and re write the rules  :211: to even things up,  if its not one its the other. as said above BSB seems to just get on with it  :028:
White 2014 1050 sport, Maxton , SC Projects high level carbon, Ventura luggage, Motobatt 16h. Power commander V, custom map.

Offline Winger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 955
  • City / Town: Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: 27 February, 2018, 08:10:41 AM »
If living in a cave is your preference as opposed to living in a brick built house then I get the BSB thing but all BSB does is give an artificial persona,if you went and bought a modern day bike out of a show room you couldnt run it in BSB because of the electronics which is rediculouse BSB have taken racing back to the Stone Age for the benefit of a handful of folk who are getting very rich.

Re Ducati god knows how they get away with it,there is even an engine limit for the season id Like to see them stick to it,as for next!!! What are they going to do? sleeve their road going V4 down because its an 1100 id Be interested to see what rules allow for that,oh hang a minute they knock a couple hundred 1000cc bike bikes out to cover their corporate [censored].grrrrrrr

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #7 on: 27 February, 2018, 08:38:17 AM »
I know what you mean, did BSB not ban BMW from using all the gizmos on their bikes even tho they came as standard  :125: There must be something with the colour red as Ferrari were threatening to withdraw because Mercedes was beating them, or is it an Italian thing. :112:

Online Ukwes

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #8 on: 27 February, 2018, 09:46:09 AM »
The big problem as I see it, was that WSBK track times were getting as fast as motoGP prototypes, so they wanted a clear performance distinction.

Your right in that Kawasaki doesn't want to spend millions on motogp, when WSBK and BSB wins probably shift more bikes.

The other problem is that we're all on this forum, like many others.  In other words, a lot more folk are choosing adventure, naked and multi-role bikes over super sport and superbikes.  Thats why the 600 class has been decimated, as there's only Yamaha been developing a 600.

So, back to the performance distinction, and that's why they've dumbed down WSBK and BSB.

The tracks are also massively different, motoGP and WSBK run on fast, flowing wide circuits where as here in the UK, the majority of circuits are narrow, tight and twisty. Which I think is why foreign WSBK renegades have problems adjusting.

Dorna have played with Ducati and others over the years to try and not give one manufacturer an advantage, and something needed doing.  It's terrible seeing the racing with a backdrop of so many empty stands.
Also, BSB do not allow rider aids, so it's more old school with no anti-wheelie or traction control, so it allows the rider with the bigger gonads to have a go.

The problem is motoGP is a tyre attrition race, with no real scrapping, just fast circuits seeing who can manage their tyres the best.
WSBK is a little better, but the Kawasaki Rea partnership has made it a bit of a yawn, and Chaz has been the only other contender.  Be interesting to see next year when the Ducati V4 has been developed.

I'll still watch it all, but the BSB races still get my vote.  They are just like club 6 lap dashes over a longer race.  :062:
Other bikes: 2017 Speed Triple R,  ZXR 400 race bike for track days and Fantic 250 Casa for green lanes