Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which exhaust has everybody got....  (Read 13432 times)

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #20 on: 09 February, 2018, 04:16:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by dreamer [+]
Sounds a bit like me - want to hear the bike accelerating etc. but don't really want to be getting irritated with a drone when I'm sitting on a dual carriageway/motorway.  That's always the issue with car exhausts!

What are you on at the moment?  I quite like the look of the low mounts, but do you find you get a hot ankle !?  (Forgetting whether they're centre stand compatible just for now....)

When I purchased my Tiger back in '08, I was only riding solo and wanted a bit more noise than the stock can. I found a used TOR but just did not get on with the sound of it and had bit of a "drone" at constant throttle. The Remus low mount was next, raspy, no drone but when I started to use my Tiger mainly for two up touring I sold it and went back to the stock can. Problem with the stock can was that it hit my passenger's leg and got quite uncomfortable for her. Picked up a clearance priced Leo Vince high mount that tucks in much closer to the bike and with the db reducer in has more character than stock at almost the same noise level. It's only slightly louder than the Arrow "road" can. But unlike the Arrow which has a fixed baffle, the Leo's can be removed easily for even more "character". :164: I would recommend a can with a removable sound reducing insert so you can have quiet or rowdy. :300: The only concern about the low mount is if you have hardbags there might be some clearance issues.
« Last Edit: 09 February, 2018, 04:21:01 PM by gosling 1 »
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Online Grayo

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Rhoose
« Reply #21 on: 09 February, 2018, 04:33:14 PM »
So if you change the end can on a Tiger Sport do you have to change the fuel map ?
I've never done this on any other bike I've owned and never had a problem, although I do accept that the fuelling wouldn't have been spot on. No popping or banging though.
Just wondered if it was something specific to the Tiger Sport or is it just a personal thing  to get the fuelling spot on ?
I quite like the look of the Mivv Suono but I won't bother if I have to go down the Power Commander, Dyno Time, Etc.. route.
If it's just a straight swap with no issues then I may be tempted....
« Last Edit: 09 February, 2018, 04:37:41 PM by Grayo »
Intentionally left blank.

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #22 on: 09 February, 2018, 04:49:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grayo [+]
So if you change the end can on a Tiger Sport do you have to change the fuel map ?
I've never done this on any other bike I've owned and never had a problem, although I do accept that the fuelling wouldn't have been spot on. No popping or banging though.
Just wondered if it was something specific to the Tiger Sport or is it just a personal thing  to get the fuelling spot on ?
I quite like the look of the Mivv Suono but I won't bother if I have to go down the Power Commander, Dyno Time, Etc.. route.
If it's just a straight swap with no issues then I may be tempted....
The bike will adapt eventually. To speed it up just run an adaptation cycle. Leave it idling on your drive for 12 (I think) minutes without touching the throttle.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #23 on: 09 February, 2018, 05:26:17 PM »
Do Triumph even offer alternate maps anymore for the latest Tiger Sport's?

Online Grayo

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #24 on: 09 February, 2018, 05:32:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
Not sure, but I've noticed that most who change end cans download TuneECU or fit a Power Commander. I really didn't want to fiddle with changing maps if I don't have to.

Online Grayo

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #25 on: 09 February, 2018, 05:34:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
The bike will adapt eventually. To speed it up just run an adaptation cycle. Leave it idling on your drive for 12 (I think) minutes without touching the throttle.
Great, Thanks Sean.

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 TS Matt Black
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #26 on: 09 February, 2018, 05:58:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]

In a word, No.
2016 Tiger Sport, Power Commander, DNA, Wilbers Suspension, Healtech Q/S

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
« Reply #27 on: 09 February, 2018, 06:04:47 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]

If you do a forced adaptation, just remember to start timing it after the bike warms up and radiator fan kicks in.

*Originally Posted by Timbox [+]
In a word, No.

Did not think so, I have read a few threads on the subject with the 765 Street Triple.

Online Timbox

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 TS Matt Black
  • City / Town: Newport
« Reply #28 on: 09 February, 2018, 06:07:26 PM »
Here is the adapton process from the Triumph Manual:

Resetting adaptions with the motorcycle connected to an exhaust extraction
system may cause incorrect values to be set, causing poor engine running.
Always reset the adaptions with the engine disconnected from any exhaust
extraction system whilst ensuring the motorcycle is positioned in a well ventilated
area.
1. Ensure the engine is cold.
2. WITHOUT TOUCHING THE THROTTLE, start the engine and allow it to warm up until
the cooling fan comes on.
3. Leave the engine to idle for a further 12 minutes.

The manual does go on to say that this process only adapts the idle area, off idle adaption only takes place when the bike is being ridden, every ten minutes apparently, and it writes it to the ECU on a normal shutdown ( Why its important to shut down with the key, if you use kill switch or side stand to cut motor  the latest adaption doesnt get saved)
« Last Edit: 09 February, 2018, 06:23:26 PM by Timbox »
2016 Tiger Sport, Power Commander, DNA, Wilbers Suspension, Healtech Q/S

Offline seangee

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
« Reply #29 on: 09 February, 2018, 06:36:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Grayo [+]
Not sure, but I've noticed that most who change end cans download TuneECU or fit a Power Commander. I really didn't want to fiddle with changing maps if I don't have to.
From my own experience when I changed the can and nothing else the bike went better with the baffle in. Taking it out lost a bit at the low end and didn't really gain anything at the top. It wasn't terrible and many have just lived with it for the sound. IMO if you want to ride with the baffle out you should also fit a freer flowing air filter. I have now fitted an MWR filter but have also had it "tuned".

If I had to do it again I would do the exhaust and filter before deciding if a tune was also required - because TBH the standard fueling is pretty good, and it will adapt.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.