Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Which exhaust has everybody got....  (Read 15112 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline dreamer

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 311
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
  • Country: UK
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #10 on: 09 February, 2018, 11:32:59 AM »
Interesting..  don't suppose you have any audio of them both?  I am after a good noise firstly, and volume secondly !  (oh and looks, sorry!)

Offline gosling 1

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 2665
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
  • Country: USA
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #11 on: 09 February, 2018, 11:48:29 AM »
Exhaust threads are a bit like oil threads, loads of opinions and options. What sounds and looks "good" is a very subjective subject. Personally, I like quieter exhaust cans. As a rule I like one I can hear under acceleration/deceleration but becomes transparent at steady cruising, Although I'm a bit picky on the subject. My Tiger's had four end cans, stock, TOR, Remus low mount, and Leo Vince. Thankfully we have a classified section! :001:
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline Paul2bikes

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 6423
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
  • Country: UK
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #12 on: 09 February, 2018, 11:50:54 AM »
I'm happy with the note & volume of the stock can, pity it's so big & heavy.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 3323
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #13 on: 09 February, 2018, 11:57:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
Exhaust threads are a bit like oil threads, loads of opinions and options. What sounds and looks "good" is a very subjective subject. Personally, I like quieter exhaust cans. As a rule I like one I can hear under acceleration/deceleration but becomes transparent at steady cruising, Although I'm a bit picky on the subject. My Tiger's had four end cans, stock, TOR, Remus low mount, and Leo Vince. Thankfully we have a classified section! :001:

Very true and the Scorpion is nicer for long distance with the baffle in. For me it was a toss up between Remus and Scorpion as they are the only cans Im aware of that use the OE type bracket rather than a strap which I personally dont like.  Remus prices have gone through the roof so Scorpion it was.
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline dreamer

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 311
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
  • Country: UK
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #14 on: 09 February, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »
Do you find them at all droney on a long ride (hence putting the baffle in - or is that purely volume?)

And yes, ask 10 people about exhausts and you'll get at least 12 opinions :D  BUT I am learning stuff on this thread.... have so far confirmed my view to discount the Arrow... and maybe the Remus and Scorpion have a better fitment if they use OEM mounts?

I think my short list is probably
* Remus
* Scorpion
* SC Project

From what I've seen so far anyway!!!!

Offline dreamer

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 311
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
  • Country: UK
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #15 on: 09 February, 2018, 12:24:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by gosling 1 [+]
Exhaust threads are a bit like oil threads, loads of opinions and options. What sounds and looks "good" is a very subjective subject. Personally, I like quieter exhaust cans. As a rule I like one I can hear under acceleration/deceleration but becomes transparent at steady cruising, Although I'm a bit picky on the subject. My Tiger's had four end cans, stock, TOR, Remus low mount, and Leo Vince. Thankfully we have a classified section! :001:

Sounds a bit like me - want to hear the bike accelerating etc. but don't really want to be getting irritated with a drone when I'm sitting on a dual carriageway/motorway.  That's always the issue with car exhausts!

What are you on at the moment?  I quite like the look of the low mounts, but do you find you get a hot ankle !?  (Forgetting whether they're centre stand compatible just for now....)

Offline seangee

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 2315
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #16 on: 09 February, 2018, 12:37:03 PM »
SP Engineering short can ticked all the boxes for me. Non OE hangar means I don't have to take the rear cowl off to get the exhaust off. I do have the baffle out - but always use earplugs, can't really have it both ways  :001:
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline Mike_B

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 857
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Tonbridge
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #17 on: 09 February, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »
I've got the SC Project low can, the carbon one.   Very light, looks good, sounds good, I've never taken the baffle out but it's plenty loud enough with it in - if anything, slightly too loud for me.   Has a bit of a rasp rather than a deep woof, if you know what I mean.   Around town it's loud enough that drivers can hear you, but at higher speeds you can't hear it over the wind noise.

It's passed two MOTs with it installed, the first time the guy commented that he had to be a bit generous to let it pass; the following year it was the same tester, but he didn't make any comment at all.   For reference, there's no definitive noise limit for motorcycles at MOT time, it just the tester's opinion as to whether it's too loud.   Since MOT testers are regularly checked by 'mystery shopper' types taking vehicles with known faults that really shouldn't pass, they can sometimes be quite strict about it.

Definitely no stop on it for the centre-stand though.   If you need one, look elsewhere or be prepared to get someone to weld something on it.

Offline Timbox

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 3323
  • Bike/Model: Helga
  • City / Town: Newport
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #18 on: 09 February, 2018, 01:53:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
SP Engineering short can ticked all the boxes for me. Non OE hangar means I don't have to take the rear cowl off to get the exhaust off. I do have the baffle out - but always use earplugs, can't really have it both ways  :001:


Only had to take the cowl off to remove OE exhaust and fit scorpion hanger. Scorpion can will come off on its own now
Ex Sport owner now on KTM 1290 SAS

Offline tiggersteve

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 7549
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
  • Country: UK
Re: Which exhaust has everybody got....
« Reply #19 on: 09 February, 2018, 02:12:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by dreamer [+]
Do you find them at all droney on a long ride (hence putting the baffle in - or is that purely volume?)

And yes, ask 10 people about exhausts and you'll get at least 12 opinions :D  BUT I am learning stuff on this thread.... have so far confirmed my view to discount the Arrow... and maybe the Remus and Scorpion have a better fitment if they use OEM mounts?

I think my short list is probably
* Remus
* Scorpion
* SC Project

From what I've seen so far anyway!!!!

Mivv Suono???