Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Triumph Hype  (Read 1115 times)

Offline Tigga

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2007 120 000km
  • City / Town: Sydney
Triumph Hype
« on: 06 October, 2017, 01:39:17 AM »
Trailer your Tiger by yourself. www.rampless.net

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Triumph Hype
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2017, 11:04:42 AM »
Yes indeed. Hopefully if it keeps on growing, you lot across the pond will one day be able to buy the TS.  :156:

Although from what I saw on the Gentleman's Ride in Brussels recently, I get the impression that the real growth is in retro-styled Triumphs. Don't know if the figures bear that out.

Still, Harley's made a successful business from doing just that ....  :002:

Offline gosling 1

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Orange Tiger
  • City / Town: Connecticut
« Reply #2 on: 06 October, 2017, 01:18:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
Yes indeed. Hopefully if it keeps on growing, you lot across the pond will one day be able to buy the TS.  :156:

Although from what I saw on the Gentleman's Ride in Brussels recently, I get the impression that the real growth is in retro-styled Triumphs. Don't know if the figures bear that out.

Still, Harley's made a successful business from doing just that ....  :002:

Unfortunately, I don't think we will ever see the Tiger Sport here.  Sport and sport touring bikes don't sell here any more, adventure and retro models do. Triumph are concentrating their US efforts in those areas with a confusing number of Tiger 800 and Explorer variations and new models like the Bonneville Speedmaster and Bobber Black. Motorcycles in the US are considered a hobby and very few people here have a bike as their sole means of transportation. It seems the younger generations are more excited about the latest I-Phone than the new GSXR, I see less and less young people getting into motorcycling and the motorcycling community is growing older (like me :161:). Triumph make it difficult if not impossible for small dealerships to take on their brand here in the states, (ask HAMLIN), and only the large "boutique" multi brand dealers can meet their demands. At least four small Triumph dealers have closed doors within a hundred miles of me and that's in the densely populated New York metro area. I'm not into 600 lb. dirtbikes and spent my youth on sport bikes so retro's don't call to me either. Guess I'll have to keep my "08 in top running order for the foreseeable future! :300:
Larger than life and twice as ugly!

Offline Texan Rider

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Ft Worth, Texas
« Reply #3 on: 06 October, 2017, 01:28:34 PM »
 :0461:
White Tiger Rider
"Which way you going?" they asked.
After some thought, I replied, "Doesn't matter, as long as I'm going."

Offline Tigga

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2007 120 000km
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #4 on: 08 October, 2017, 10:07:48 AM »
Went into a Triumph dealership the other day. They only had 1 Tiger 1050 Sport on the floor.
Lots of Tiger 800's and though I've never ridden one, I wouldn't like to lose the 1050's squirt of power.
I sat on a new 1050 sport and it just felt like home. Yet to find another bike that speaks to me the same way.
When it comes to dirt, I'd prefer something more "rough and ready" and I'm not sure anything over 650cc
would tick the boxes.
Aside : Rode a 450 KTM a few months back which seemed sufficiently wicked. But it's not an everyday ride.
Trailer your Tiger by yourself. www.rampless.net

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #5 on: 08 October, 2017, 11:36:26 AM »
I actually really like the Bonneville T100. Low power, and only 5 gears, but the blue and white colour scheme and shape of the tank really speaks to me about the Triumph past.