Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Vibrarion when braking  (Read 5529 times)

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Vibrarion when braking
« Reply #80 on: 03 November, 2018, 07:40:14 PM »
Looking good!  :028:  I quite like the gold disc carrier - harking back to the T1050. Might be interesting to see if you have no more vibration probs ....

Offline SM0341

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: York
« Reply #81 on: 03 November, 2018, 07:58:14 PM »
All good so far ..... I'll do an update when they've a few trips on them  👍

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: Auckland
« Reply #82 on: 06 December, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
Just got my disks checked and (no surprise) they are just over the max runout once again at 34k.  :232:
Mr Triumph you have my warranty claim (once again) for consideration.

I think (when the replacement gets the OK) I'll order some EBC Double H pads and swap them out as soon as the disks are replaced.
This will be the last time I can claim under the 2 year warranty period.
Matt Black 17 Tiger Sport - SC-Project Carbon, Radguard, Fenda Extenda, 30mm Bar Risers, Puig screen deflector, Heavy bar ends, JBQ Shifter, Vario Pegs, SW Motech Tank Bag & Tail Pack, Triumph Tankpad & Centerstand.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
  • Bike/Model: 2014 Tiger Sport 1050
  • City / Town: High Peak
« Reply #83 on: 06 December, 2018, 10:45:47 AM »
*Originally Posted by jkd102 [+]
I think (when the replacement gets the OK) I'll order some EBC Double H pads and swap them out as soon as the disks are replaced.
This will be the last time I can claim under the 2 year warranty period.

Don't the new discs get any warranty? They should.
The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
« Reply #84 on: 06 December, 2018, 11:14:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
Don't the new discs get any warranty? They should.

I don't know  :087: I suppose Triumph could replace endless disks if that was the case.
Anyway I'm hoping that a change to HH sintered pads will prevent it happening again.
From reading up on previous posts, it seems a good option.
Matt Black 17 Tiger Sport - SC-Project Carbon, Radguard, Fenda Extenda, 30mm Bar Risers, Puig screen deflector, Heavy bar ends, JBQ Shifter, Vario Pegs, SW Motech Tank Bag & Tail Pack, Triumph Tankpad & Centerstand.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #85 on: 06 December, 2018, 12:20:43 PM »
I don't know  :087: I suppose Triumph could replace endless disks if that was the case.
Anyway I'm hoping that a change to HH sintered pads will prevent it happening again.
From reading up on previous posts, it seems a good option.

If the product is at fault they should replace until they get it right imo. My ST955 discs were still good at 60k miles, I did all them miles & never replaced discs. Pads were replaced with tyres back & front. Those discs & on the ST1050 had some side movement, these TS discs don't.

Good luck with the new discs/pads.
Leonardo da Vinci

Offline jkd102

• Tiger Master
« Reply #86 on: 06 December, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul2bikes [+]
If the product is at fault they should replace until they get it right imo. My ST955 discs were still good at 60k miles, I did all them miles & never replaced discs. Pads were replaced with tyres back & front. Those discs & on the ST1050 had some side movement, these TS discs don't.

Good luck with the new discs/pads.

Cheers - I agree 100% but I also want nice brakes again and Triumph are intent on replacing crap with crap.
I felt the vibration under braking much earlier but I knew that it had to reach a certain point for it to be claimable so I put up with it until it got really noticeable.
Iv'e owned over 20 bikes and never replaced disks on any of them. Sold my RS955 at 67K and the disks were still working perfectly.

Offline Paul2bikes

• Tiger God
  • DILLIGAF
« Reply #87 on: 06 December, 2018, 06:29:42 PM »
Cheers - I agree 100% but I also want nice brakes again and Triumph are intent on replacing crap with crap.
I felt the vibration under braking much earlier but I knew that it had to reach a certain point for it to be claimable so I put up with it until it got really noticeable.
Iv'e owned over 20 bikes and never replaced disks on any of them. Sold my RS955 at 67K and the disks were still working perfectly.

I fully understand you keeping the RS955 for all those miles. IMO the RS/ST955's were brilliant bikes, Great build quality, couldn't fault them.
Leonardo da Vinci