Random Gallery Image

Dimensions

Views: 248
Posted by: Qoob
in: Qoob

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tiger Sport New model seat  (Read 360 times)

Offline busa2000

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2016
  • City / Town: Newport
Tiger Sport New model seat
« on: 18 June, 2017, 06:08:29 PM »
Out of interest does anybody else who has new model Tiger Sport find the seat worse than the old model ? I find it very uncomfortable after about an hour , on my previous Tiger (2012) it was much more user friendly as standard , but after a year had a lower seat made as I am slightly on the shortish side as I didn't want to use lowering plates , and found that better again as it was slightly wider at front . Bevans in Cardiff have a new model fitted with a Digger lowered seat and that seems much better . I also have/am using sheepskin cover on seat in an attempt to make it better which helps a bit , probably end up getting Digger to sort me a modified seat again as need to get comfortable before Europe trip planned for next year . Any comments appreciated.  Ps I have fitted lowering plates on this bike and don't find it an issue, 25 mm and dropped forks through yokes to suit .
2016 Tiger Sport Silver SC Project and more to come

Offline seangee

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2016 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Bracknell
Re: Tiger Sport New model seat
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2017, 06:24:15 PM »
AFAIK the difference is that they made it narrower to accomodate shorter riders. As I'm not a shorter rider I wanted mine raised - so I bought a seat from the older model and took it to an upholsterer to be modified. If you still have your old custom seat it will fit just fine.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Offline busa2000

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: 18 June, 2017, 06:28:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by seangee [+]
AFAIK the difference is that they made it narrower to accomodate shorter riders. As I'm not a shorter rider I wanted mine raised - so I bought a seat from the older model and took it to an upholsterer to be modified. If you still have your old custom seat it will fit just fine.
Unfortunately my old seat won't fit as it was a 2012 1050 SE model not a Sport model , if only it was that easy .

Offline Tall Paul

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2017 Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Kidderminster
« Reply #3 on: 18 June, 2017, 06:48:08 PM »
The Tiger Sport seat is very comfortable until you sit on it........................... :012:
2017 Tiger Sport
1980 Honda CX 500 A
1982 Honda CX 500 CC (USA import)
1972 Honda SL100 (USA import)
Life is to short to tolerate wankers.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #4 on: 19 June, 2017, 12:55:32 PM »
I bought a S/H Tony Archer seat off this forum for my Sport. It is an improvement for longer journeys, a bit wider at the front and slightly deeper padding. I don't know if it has gel too.

It's still not perfect, as I can get squirmy on very long trips, but that may be down to other factors such as days in the saddle, etc.

Offline busa2000

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #5 on: 19 June, 2017, 07:05:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paullie [+]
I bought a S/H Tony Archer seat off this forum for my Sport. It is an improvement for longer journeys, a bit wider at the front and slightly deeper padding. I don't know if it has gel too.

It's still not perfect, as I can get squirmy on very long trips, but that may be down to other factors such as days in the saddle, etc.
Yes think I will definitely be going aftermarket for a solution as been out again all day and after about an hour started to get fidgety again or maybe that was last nights curry !!!!

Offline mjgt

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Clevedon
« Reply #6 on: 20 June, 2017, 08:20:34 AM »
Give it a couple of weeks and I will be selling my Tony Archer seat.
Keep the rubber side down.   Mick

Offline Ukwes

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Hastings
« Reply #7 on: 20 June, 2017, 11:07:55 AM »
I have a 13-15 Tiger Sport, and found the standard seat a right pain in the ar$e

Recently purchased a comfort seat (16-17 spec) and its a lot firmer and more comfy.

Still can get slight numb bum, but think that may be due to high freq vibration, but can move around and sort it out, whereas with the original seat it just got more and more numb and painful.

suigeneris