Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Inexpensive light bar mod - 2014 Tiger Sport  (Read 393 times)

Offline Exkellick

• Tiger Newbie
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport 2014
  • City / Town: Perth
Inexpensive light bar mod - 2014 Tiger Sport
« on: 18 December, 2016, 01:15:20 PM »
Hi all,

Just thought I would share a light bar mod I just performed on my Tiger Sport.

Total cost about $70 AUD.

Light model: http://www.pro-vision-lighting.com/led/led-driving-lights-australia/led-driving-light-40-watt-6-inch-mini

Quality seems pretty good.  Cast alloy body, decent single point bracket, and good quality Deutsche waterproof connectors. Lens cover on the front was not 100% perfect but not a worry to me.

Came with free harness but I had already wired in my own mini relay into the high beam circuit. Power direct from battery at the moment but I plan to route it through one of the spare fuse slots once I source the right connectors.

I made the bracket from some 40mm galvanised angle I had kicking around (the only other bracket available online was about $70 and not what I wanted).

Mounting was dead easy. Two bolts 190mm apart that secure the nose piece at the bottom. All very solid feeling, discreet and adjustable in 2 axes.

I haven't had a chance to road test yet and am still awaing a bar mount on off switch but they work and seem to punch out a lot of light. 

The stock HD projects pretty far so I intend for these to give better edge of road visibility in the hope of avoiding kangaroos mainly.

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
Re: Inexpensive light bar mod - 2014 Tiger Sport
« Reply #1 on: 18 December, 2016, 09:33:55 PM »
Very nice mod!   :028: