Random Gallery Image

52 221 IMG 2784

Views: 62
Posted by: varnerju
in: varnerju

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Computer  (Read 475 times)

Offline highlandadam

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Inverness
Computer
« on: 16 December, 2016, 05:46:11 PM »
Sorry for numpty question, I've just got a 2008 Tiger 1050.  How do you reset the low/high speed, journey time and average fuel consumption figures on the computer?  I have re-set both trips to zero (as it says in the handbook), but none of the above figures have changed (the "miles to fill up" and instantaneous fuel consumption figures are fine).  Thanks in advance.

Offline VABird

• Jack-Be-Quick
  • Approved Vendor
  • Bike/Model: 12 T-Bird,06 Tiger955i
  • City / Town: Virginia
Re: Computer
« Reply #1 on: 16 December, 2016, 08:03:05 PM »
A common problem with these bikes is corroded switches inside the cluster rendering the buttons useless.
If you're following the procedure in the owners manual, that is likely the problem.

If you're a tinkerer and can solder, a possible fix is here
https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,5420.msg52182.html#msg52182

« Last Edit: 16 December, 2016, 08:08:30 PM by VABird »
The ride may be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it really is the destination that counts.
John-3:16

Offline highlandadam

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #2 on: 16 December, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »
Thanks.  But not sure I fancy that TBH!  The buttons appear to actually work OK - in that they do zero the tripmeters (and you can scroll etc between the various settings on the screen). Therefore the scroll (LH) button works, the trip button works, and the set button works.  Except that the settings referred to (other than the trips) don't reset.  But thanks again anyway!

Offline RedBird

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Tiger1050
  • City / Town: Stroud, Oklahoma
« Reply #3 on: 16 December, 2016, 09:17:30 PM »
Have you tried to zero them the same way you zeroed the trip odometers?  I haven't done this in a long time, but if you scroll to the item you want to zero and push the two buttons (on a 3 button clock) that you pushed to zero the trip odo, it should zero the item you want zeroed if my old memory is any good.  The high speed reading zeros when you disconnect the battery as well as the others, but that would be a last resort.  If you have a 2-button clock on your '08, the clock has been replaced for some reason and you need to get an owners manual for a later year (around 2010 would be my guess) to see how Mr. T says to reset, etc. those clocks.

Larry

Offline Paullie

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport (2014)
« Reply #4 on: 16 December, 2016, 10:41:13 PM »
Are you sure it's not as simple an answer as to ride it for little before the readings reset? ... in the same way as the fuel level reading ....  :027:

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #5 on: 16 December, 2016, 11:07:05 PM »
I just go to the display I want to reset and just hold the reset button down. Seems to work. Never really thought about it  :033:

EDIT: I've just gone and done it. Hold Trip & Set down for 10 seconds.

When you scroll through again, it shows the Trip time and distance, with both of these as zeros  :028:
« Last Edit: 16 December, 2016, 11:13:05 PM by Yellow Dog »
VIRTUAL 2017 TIGER SPORT OWNER - IN DENIAL.

Offline ZuluTiger

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 1050, KTM 1190 Adv.
  • City / Town: Suwanee
« Reply #6 on: 17 December, 2016, 10:46:36 PM »
I had 'finger' problems with resetting until I added the external 3-button mod.  It was all much better after that.  Either the on-board buttons are intermittent or we underestimate the pressure to keep a positive contact.  A single flicker (lifting off pressure) will negate the process.  Gloves don't help either and the tactile feel of the OEM buttons is not very positive..
I never lose.  I either win, or I learn... Or some vacuous fool comments and I laugh. I call that a win.

Offline highlandadam

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #7 on: 20 December, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »
Nope, doesn't work for me (tried for 20 seconds).  Also the fuel gauge has just decided to stop working too.  Which is nice.

Online Yellow Dog

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: AUCKLAND
« Reply #8 on: 20 December, 2016, 07:46:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by highlandadam [+]
Nope, doesn't work for me (tried for 20 seconds).  Also the fuel gauge has just decided to stop working too.  Which is nice.

OK I get it now  :125:

The averages will quickly correct themselves with your riding. You can't reset those other numbers without the dealer tool  :031:
« Last Edit: 20 December, 2016, 07:51:28 PM by Yellow Dog »
VIRTUAL 2017 TIGER SPORT OWNER - IN DENIAL.

Offline highlandadam

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
« Reply #9 on: 20 December, 2016, 08:56:36 PM »
OK, will see, will let you know....Thanks everyone!

suigeneris