Author Topic: Bike won't start  (Read 6200 times)

Offline Vaguey1

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Manchester
Bike won't start
on: 10 October, 2016, 12:08:11 PM
My 07 abs 1050 won't fire. She spins over good enough I think it may be the datatool s4 alarm playing up. Can someone please pm me the wiring instructions to bypass it please

Offline Sidewinder

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050 Yellow
  • City / Town: Sheffield
Re: Bike won't start
Reply #1 on: 10 October, 2016, 07:21:20 PM
Google "tiger 1050 alarm bypass plug" you'll see a pic of the plug with wiring connections - pins 1-2 (fuel) & 3-5 (Igitionn).

SAS

Offline Vaguey1

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #2 on: 10 October, 2016, 07:28:57 PM
Already checked that pal. I have 3 plugs in the box. 2 small black ones 1 contains 3 pins the other 4 pins and the white plug has 2 banks of 4

Offline Sidewinder

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
Reply #3 on: 10 October, 2016, 07:44:30 PM
If it's a proper Triumph factory datatool there should be one plug with 12 pins going into a plug on the bike's loom,  The fobs and alarm unit itself should have "Triumph" on em.  You could then compare your plug to the google image and connect accordingly.

What you have sounds like it's a generic datatool and the proper triumph plug has been cut off the loom and replaced with what you have now.

You gotta hunt for the correct wires using a DVM on bleep mode as all the wires from the bike's loom to where the alarm plug is/was are black.  I've been through this myself and can tell you how if needed.
Last Edit: 10 October, 2016, 07:48:59 PM by Sidewinder

Offline Vaguey1

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #4 on: 10 October, 2016, 07:53:35 PM
Yes sorry it's a datatool s4 red alarm

Offline Vaguey1

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #5 on: 10 October, 2016, 07:56:27 PM
I'd appreciate your input pal as it all seems to be priming as I can hear it and spinning over. Just curious as to if the injectors are incorporated into the alarm

Offline Sidewinder

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
Reply #6 on: 10 October, 2016, 08:24:31 PM
They do one of those that has a proper Triumph compatible plug on it, but clearly not what you have (as I too had).

Do you have a Digital Volt Meter?  If so set it to continuity check "bleep" mode and you'll need to find which of the pins on the three plugs you have correspond to what would be pins 1,2/4* & 3,5.  These two pairs of wires you will connect together.

*pin 2 & 4 are common(joined together) on the proper triumph socket that has been cut off on your bike.

You'll need to unplug the alarm altogether, this might set it off and it won't stop until you plug it back in and switch it off via a fob (I think).  I destroyed mine to shut it up as it wasn't going back on.  Have somewhere you can put it preferable where you can deaden the sound, in a box in a shed under rags etc.

You'll need to be pulling up/leaning over the relay sockets a bit for this to see the wires going into them underneath, don't yank on em too much as you don't want to pull out any wires!  The fuel pump is not too bad, its the other two that are obscured a bit by other stuff.  Use a torch and non conductive pokey stick to help you see the wires.

(All done with ignition off)
Pin 1 - go to the fuel pump relay and remove the relay, look under the socket and find the Green/Red wire, put one probe in the corresponding connector where the relay normally plugs in.  Probe the three alarm plugs to find which pin is "1" and mark the wire with tape #1 written on it etc.  You should only get bleep on one pin here, check em all even after you find it.

Pin 2/4 - fuel pump relay socket again, this time the white/blue wire, stick a probe on the corresponding connector in the socket and probe all the pins on the three alarm plugs.  You should get two 'hits' this time.  Also here you should be able to break the connections by switching off the kill switch ie. find the correct pin on the plugs and flip the kill it should stop the bleep. Put the relay back.

Connect these two together at the alarm plugs - pin #1 wire and one of the pin 2/4 wires, doesn't matter which.

Pin 3 - Go to the fan relay, remove it and look under the socket to find the connector that has two wires going into it, a brown/pink and a brown or second brown/pink.  Same again, one probe here and find the bleep wire from those three plugs, should be one hit only.   Put the relay back.

Pin 5 - go to the start relay and find the white/red and do the same as above you will get one hit only - NOTE this one only works with the starter button pressed.   Put the relay back.

Connect pin #3 wire and pin #5 wire at the three plugs.

Ignore all the other wires and if it was the alarm causing the problem the bike should start.

SAS
Last Edit: 10 October, 2016, 08:42:39 PM by Sidewinder

Offline Sidewinder

• Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger Master
Reply #7 on: 10 October, 2016, 08:47:28 PM
Having said all that, I doubt it's the alarm as it kills the fuel pump and ignition circuits, so should be no fuel pump prime noise and no ability to crank.

I had a crank no start issue, turned out to be a knackered cam chain (which ultimately led to it jumped it's inlet cam sprocket and suddenly would not start one day).  One symptom was a rather clattery engine on idle & the camchain tensioner had run out of adjustment.  Yours is probably not this but FYI.
https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,36324.msg400839.html#msg400839

SAS
Last Edit: 10 October, 2016, 09:00:19 PM by Sidewinder

Offline Vaguey1

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #8 on: 10 October, 2016, 08:58:00 PM
Thanks for that. Will check in the morning and report back.  Much appreciated pal

Offline Vaguey1

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
Reply #9 on: 11 October, 2016, 06:44:49 PM
Here goes.
I did that and followed it and it's still the same.
I took the fuel injectors out an that side is all working fine with a nice spray from each.  I removed the coil packs and plugs and getting a very week spark on cylinder 1 and if a spark at all on 2 and 3.
Checked the coils for resistance with the manual and swapped the coils and plugs around and still the crack sensor ohms are good to I'm lost now 

reconstruction