Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How fast can a Tiger go?  (Read 10656 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline indytiger1050

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • *
  • Posts: 21687
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
  • Country: USA
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #20 on: 10 October, 2015, 11:35:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by mjgt [+]
:008: No Excel guru, took me ages to work it out so now I just copy a new sheet for each bike and alter the ratios as required.
   But you did figure it out.    :020:

So when you decide to do your next project do the shim's.
If I find one in the mean time will let you know.

Support the forum.   :031:

Offline mjgt

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2649
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Clevedon
  • Country: Great Britain
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #21 on: 11 October, 2015, 09:50:51 AM »
Deal  :028:
Keep the rubber side down.   Mick

Offline TailHappy

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1442
  • Bike/Model: 2011 Tiger 1050
  • Country: Australia
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #22 on: 11 October, 2015, 10:58:52 AM »
Unless you change it via Tune ECU, most newer tunes are speed limited to 225kms/hr. (140mph)
Had mine bouncing off this speed limiter.  :169:

Offline indytiger1050

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • *
  • Posts: 21687
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
  • Country: USA
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #23 on: 11 October, 2015, 04:14:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by TailHappy [+]
Unless you change it via Tune ECU, most newer tunes are speed limited to 225kms/hr. (140mph)
Had mine bouncing off this speed limiter.  :169:
   :462: 
Came across this feature.  :157: when I had my bike tuned and no one knew about it back then. TuneBoy did not have that ability at that time. (not sure does now either) 
We knew it had to be a new limitation because we raised the rev limiter which worked in all gears BUT 6th.


Support the forum.   :031:

Offline GriffTile

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1034
  • Bike/Model: Tiger1050 Yellow
  • City / Town: Doncaster
  • Country: England
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #24 on: 04 February, 2016, 10:41:17 PM »
140mph indicated on the speedo, just the once and I an't gonna be doing it again anytime soon either!  :005:

Griff
'A Triple a day - keeps the doctor at bay'

Offline grub

  • Tiger Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 220
  • Bike/Model: 2011 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Wollongong
  • Country: Australia
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #25 on: 07 February, 2016, 06:25:25 AM »
I once (and only  :087:) saw 215 km p/h on a very long straight , the black haze from the exhaust and the wind blast meant that was enough for me. I was a bit disappointed actually , because my 1998 GSXF750 suzuki saw 220 on the speedo at the end of the straight at Eastern creek raceway in Sydney. Thought the Tiger would be much higher. My VTR1000f (Firestorm/Superhawk)  showed 240  , on the same straight as the Tiger , too.  :027:

Graham
The doctor said I have CDO , it's like OCD but the letters are in order LIKE THEY SHOULD BE !

Online Yellow Dog

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 9866
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #26 on: 07 February, 2016, 07:40:43 AM »
217kph
221kph
223kph

All on the motorway at 5:30am and on an uphill incline that doesn't have cops  :121:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8

Offline tiggersteve

  • Tiger God
  • *****
  • Posts: 7609
  • Bike/Model: 1050 now KTM 1290SAS
  • City / Town: doddington cambs
  • Country: UK
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #27 on: 07 February, 2016, 10:35:51 AM »
Seen 149 clipping the limiter kept teasing her to flip over the 150 but wouldn't

Offline molly

  • Tiger Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 735
  • Bike/Model: 1050 Sport 2013
  • City / Town: Grantham
  • Country: U.K.
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #28 on: 07 February, 2016, 10:37:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by grub [+]
I once (and only  :087:) saw 215 km p/h on a very long straight , the black haze from the exhaust and the wind blast meant that was enough for me. I was a bit disappointed actually , because my 1998 GSXF750 suzuki saw 220 on the speedo at the end of the straight at Eastern creek raceway in Sydney. Thought the Tiger would be much higher. My VTR1000f (Firestorm/Superhawk)  showed 240  , on the same straight as the Tiger , too.  :027:

Graham

You can't go by speedo readings. These days a GPS display will give the true figure.

I measured my TS and it was reading 93  at 90mph which is about the most accurate one I've checked at that speed. But it was more or less spot on at 30mph which could suggest it could be even farther out at full chat. Probably something like a 3% error would mean an indicated 140mph is really 136mph which is what some of the road tests have quoted.
« Last Edit: 07 February, 2016, 10:51:53 AM by molly »
Dave M.

Online Yellow Dog

  • Tiger Supporter
  • Tiger God
  • *
  • Posts: 9866
  • Bike/Model: 2018 Tiger 1050 Sport
  • City / Town: Quainton
  • Country: United Kingdom
Re: How fast can a Tiger go?
« Reply #29 on: 07 February, 2016, 07:02:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by molly [+]
You can't go by speedo readings. These days a GPS display will give the true figure.

I measured my TS and it was reading 93  at 90mph which is about the most accurate one I've checked at that speed. But it was more or less spot on at 30mph which could suggest it could be even farther out at full chat. Probably something like a 3% error would mean an indicated 140mph is really 136mph which is what some of the road tests have quoted.

My speedo has been tested as spot on at 120kph. You can adjust it with tuneecu  :028:
2018 TIGER 1050 SPORT - 40,000Km with zero tyre wear & zero engine or chain wear (c8