Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2009 Tiger 1050 ECU Tune Recomendation  (Read 6218 times)

Offline smaug

• Tiger God
  • GRRRRRRR
  • Bike/Model: 07 Tiger 1050 BLUE
Re: 2009 Tiger 1050 ECU Tune Recomendation
« Reply #20 on: 24 August, 2015, 01:47:17 PM »
Get it tuned by a pro
ginger beer still popular here?

Offline smaug

• Tiger God
  • GRRRRRRR
  • Bike/Model: 07 Tiger 1050 BLUE
« Reply #21 on: 24 August, 2015, 04:09:16 PM »
The comment is dead on topic. I'm suggesting a very accurate way of getting your tiger to run the way YOU want it to. Indy and a few others have had it done with outstanding results. It beats the try and hope way of simply changing out tunes and using the nerves in your rear end for dyno readout :157:  since you say you have no tuners available to you then yes,it's irrelevant but certainly not off topic. You have also been informed many times by the forum that you can expect it to run hot in such a hot climate,swapping out stock tunes isn't going to help that either.
ginger beer still popular here?

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hong Kong
« Reply #22 on: 24 August, 2015, 05:19:58 PM »
dont know why you talk about running Hot, its the snatchy feel that the bike has between 2,500 and 4,000 rpm when holding a steady speed on a slight incline or flat, when the engine isnt pulling, most of the tunes I see and tested so far, are performance based. the problem I have I can see many people having but no solid solution. So without a local Pro, i am left to come here, and hope somone may have had the same feeling and problem, and had a satisfactory solution, so far, somone running a Hot climate, City like environment, with Hi Octane fuel hasnt had a solution, the ones I see, and tested out, refer to lower octane, and english based weather, US and Brasil have lower octane.
Anyway, I still have the problem, and no one in HK can seemingly help, or they can but refuse to do so because they know it cant be fixed, or to trublesome for them.
I am currently following this topic, https://www.triumphtorque.com/messageboard/thread/182797-Best-Snatch-Free-Tune-for-Tiger1050.aspx who explains the problem well, same as mine, and trying to understand he fix.
To Bearly go where no one ever bearly wanted to go before,

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #23 on: 24 August, 2015, 11:59:53 PM »
SO after all that they send everyone back to our forum for the frankentune done by Paul_O.

Seems they should just stick around here.

If you have a sport, try the frankentune. Might also try copying the table from my tune and give that a try.
Short of that your best chance is to find someone with your setup. Pretty sure they are listed in my tune thread.

PM them and split the tuning costs for there bike and use the tune they get.. It won't be perfect but close.
ONLY other option is buy a power commander 5 and the auto tuning package. Let auto tune fix it for you.

Seems to work pretty good on my Kawi, but they can't swap tunes like we can.

Support the forum.   :031:

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
  • Bike/Model: 11 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #24 on: 30 August, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »
Your problems aren't new or unable to be solved. You are incorrect regarding US octane. We measure it differently, but it is just as high as anywhere else. Just like in the US you may travel 1 mile, but 1.6 kilometers, you don't have any more distance if you are using kilometers. Our fuel is rated in AKI, not RON. 98 RON is close to 93 AKI, which is very common here. Everyone you see posting from the US will be using AKI, including Dave. 91 AKI is like 97 RON, but the difference  between 97 and 98 RON is minimal and if you have a tune that will run 97, 98 will be unnoticeable.

The temperature is accounted for no matter what tune you are running. In other words, there is no tune for your temperatures, the tune and the temperature adjustment are different parts of the  ECU computer algorithm.

You seem to not be concerned with your temperatures any more, but just to reiterate: Your high temp concerns do not seem to be a problem. If your fan is turning on, then off, then on, you do not have a problem. That is how motorcycles work. At 35 C and in city traffic, your fan will be on a lot, but if it is turning off then it is cooling down just fine. You just need to understand that your cooling system is working fine and no (established) tune will make it better or worse.

The feeling that the chain is tugging is what we call 'chuntering' (don't know why, just what the first person who described it well called it). It is not a tuning issue, it is a chain slack issue. We find that the maximum amount of official chain slack (42 mm) is really the minimum necessary to prevent the chuntering. Whether it is in fact cause by the chain or by a low level of engine hunting is beside the point. It can be fixed by using a looser chain.

'Snatch' does not seem (to me) to be what you are describing, but I could be wrong and if so you should try Dave's V2. It will work fine even with your exhaust especially in city traffic. It is rated for 98 RON. It is true that there are many theories as to the cause and even reality of 'snatch', but if you loosen your chain, run Daves V2 installed using my How To guide, and give it some time to adapt, I'm willing to bet your issue of stuttering while cruising at low RPM will minimize, if not go away.

Offline kback

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2009 Black Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Los Osos, CA
« Reply #25 on: 30 August, 2015, 05:35:50 PM »
Yup, what he said.  Try running your chain slack at 45mm and I bet your problem will disappear.  This is an old issue that many, many of us on here have solved successfully with this simple fix. And, it's a free fix, so why not try it?

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
« Reply #26 on: 10 September, 2015, 08:20:06 AM »
thanks guys for the feed back.
Sorry if it seemed i was being impolite, its just winding me up, all I want is a smooth riding bike.
Anyway, I tried each tune applicable to my bike from TuneECU, and ran for a week with each, with no difference in the feeling of the problem.
I will check the Chain, and maybe replace it anyway, it is at 12,000 kmh now, so a good time for the replacement, new sparks too wont hurt.
Where can I get the V2 tune you mentioned?

Some aditional observations, it does feel like there is some missfiring happening when cruising, and when the Bike is cold and in warm up mode, it doesnt appear to happen, which could confirm the mix or spark issue., and the ballance is 620, 600, 600.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #27 on: 10 September, 2015, 12:20:32 PM »
Check your throttle bodies make sure there are not out over 10.
The chain should be OK unless really abused.
Replace the plugs with some 8's.

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
« Reply #28 on: 03 October, 2015, 07:05:25 AM »
Thanks for the help, I have gone through most of what was suggested. I have tried nearly every tune, and the snaggy, engine kick is still there.
Got the new plugs in, took about an hour, another tune, the Exhaust is MIUU, I have only 2 things left to try,
1: Richen the Fuel
2: put the Original Exhaust back on and  default Triumph TOR map, where ever I find that from.

I am not really sure if my description does indicate my problem, as it truly feels like the engine is kicking back when i am cruising, or lower the throttle just a touch to a gentle cruise. But when its cold, the problem isn't there. only when its warmed up, which makes me think the richer fuel thats there during the warm up helps. I even tried taking a SAI removed map, tick the SAI enable and download it, no difference to the feeling. that was the 20543 map, the original is 20542.

Now looking at adjusting the fuel by 6% as recommended, I was a bit confused by the tables, but now I understand them a bit better, and in the ECU there is the Air/Fuel map, which is the richness settings, and the lower it is the more fuel is added to the air. in all the maps the Range around 5400 down to 350 is 14.50 which makes me hesitant to adjust this.

if adjusting the fuel doesn't fix it, then original exhaust, and if still failed, then there is something more serious going on.
On the positive side, I am become quiet proficient at reprogramming my bike, and I look like a Genius to the nehbours. lol.
Any thoughts?

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #29 on: 03 October, 2015, 02:55:22 PM »
Richen the tune using mine.