Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2009 Tiger 1050 ECU Tune Recomendation  (Read 6102 times)

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hong Kong
Re: 2009 Tiger 1050 ECU Tune Recomendation
« Reply #30 on: 03 October, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »
Thanks Indi
I loaded yours today. It felt smooth and good mix. A little low on the excitation power but smooth is what I like. But on cruise I still get that kick feeling from the engine. But not as bad as before. To down the tune. Where do I start. Do I take the 14.50, and drop it to 14.00. And test.???
To Bearly go where no one ever bearly wanted to go before,

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
  • Bike/Model: 11 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #31 on: 03 October, 2015, 04:47:59 PM »
It would probably be easier to increase the L tables by some %. Just select the whole table in TuneECU, use your mouse scroll wheel to go up to whatever you want, then copy and paste the results into L2 and L3.

I sure wish I had some more idea of what all this snatch is that people are getting. For awhile I thought maybe I didn't get it due to being at sea level, but I'm pretty sure Hong Kong is about the same elevation as San Diego.

Can you describe the speed you are going when it happens, the RPM, gear you are in, and if it's everytime you enter these conditions or just some times? Did you previously have a carbureted bike or was your last bike fuel injected too? Can you confirm that you slackened the chain (you implied it, but never came out and said it).

Thanks in advance. It's hard to help people with a problem that you don't seem to have yourself, though most people think it's common. Sometimes I still wonder if we are all talking about the same thing. Could be a bunch of MAP sensors that need to be replaced, really.

I have experienced the "chuntering", though not a debilitating "snatch". I ride at high gear and low revs a lot (6th an 2000 is common).

Offline smaug

• Tiger God
  • GRRRRRRR
  • Bike/Model: 07 Tiger 1050 BLUE
« Reply #32 on: 03 October, 2015, 05:05:25 PM »
[quote  I ride at high gear and low revs a lot (6th an 2000 is common).
[/quote]
Why?,you would be dead in the water if you wanted to accelerate from that condition . 6th gear isn't seen unless I'm pushing 70.
ginger beer still popular here?

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
« Reply #33 on: 03 October, 2015, 05:43:07 PM »
Because I'm riding at 30-40 mph for fairly long stretches...maybe 2000 is a bit melodramatic, but definitely below 3k. Don't forget, I commute daily in heavy traffic. My style is molded by different considerations.

Offline smaug

• Tiger God
  • GRRRRRRR
  • Bike/Model: 07 Tiger 1050 BLUE
« Reply #34 on: 03 October, 2015, 06:06:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by day7a1 [+]
Because I'm riding at 30-40 mph for fairly long stretches...maybe 2000 is a bit melodramatic, but definitely below 3k. Don't forget, I commute daily in heavy traffic. My style is molded by different considerations.
whatever works! My commuting in those conditions are done in higher revs in the 5 to 6 k range for quicker reaction times and better engine braking.
ginger beer still popular here?

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #35 on: 03 October, 2015, 07:01:25 PM »
IMO riding in higher gears with rpm's below 3k is not the best for the engine.
But if it works for you, it's your bike so have at it.

I tend to run between 3 and 6k. 6th gear only used above 4k.
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
« Reply #36 on: 03 October, 2015, 08:35:00 PM »
Maybe that's why I don't know what you guys are talking about when you are trying to fix throttle snatch. I have the good sense to choose the gear appropriate to the conditions.  :150:

I guess I shouldn't knock it before I try it, but I have a few questions:
1. What exactly do you think will happen to the engine by running it at 3000 rpm with more load that is worse than running it at twice the rpm with less (relative) load?
2. If you are commuting, don't you get horrible gas mileage running at 5k all the time? I understand mileage is not a concern for the casual rider, but I ride well over an hour a day, 365, it adds up.
3. Don't you find the extremely low throttle that would be required at such rpms to maintain the low power requirements of low speed cruising hard to maintain? If this problem is the "snatch" that everyone is chasing away, I hate to tell you that this is not a bug, it is a feature.

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
  • City / Town: Hong Kong
« Reply #37 on: 04 October, 2015, 11:52:46 AM »
Well, I  can add the following:
at any revs, pulling, execrating, no issues at all, smooth. Decelerating, also the same.
but if I am cruising, lets say around 70 kilometres per Hour. and the revs is somewhere between 2000 and 4000, and i ease of the throttle slightly, so instead of puling, its cruising, almost to the point of keeping the engine level with the speed, this is the equilibrium between pulling and slowing, it feels like, either the chain is snagging, a miss fire of some form, or possible kick from the cylinder firing in advance. but with all the evidence, the symptom does seem to point t to the mix, as I get variable effects from different tunes, with the latest tune from indi being the smoothest, now with all this aside, there is a MIUU exhaust fitted, and when i picked up the bike, it was already fitted, and had this problem at start. I am thinking the exhaust doesn't match, and i am trying to fix something that has a major cause, so my thinking is to revert to the stock exhaust to eliminate any mechanical issues, and if that fixes it, throw this stupid exhale away, the mix that was loaded originally was the arrow exhaust tune, but probably not right for this one, but I don't really have an understanding on how the exhaust would effect the mix, unless there is some pressure push back to the engine to increase pressure.
 Hope this helps understanding my position. and is also a reason why i hesitate to get a booster plug, seeing i am not convinced on the evidence, that the problem will be fixed.
To Bearly go where no one ever bearly wanted to go before,

Offline jamiesk

• Tiger Pro
  • City / Town: Ipswich
« Reply #38 on: 04 October, 2015, 06:15:48 PM »
This jerkyness is "just" the way injection works. If you had a big carb'ed bike then it would bog down at low revs in top gear. I have
felt the badness of modern bikes, but just they are better than the old bikes at giving "wrong gear, wrong revs" the best.

Having a slack chain makes the Tiger work better, may it needs (newer?) cush drive ? But a larger fly wheel would dampen the acceleration. Which is what some older bikes had.

Use the best part of the bike to your advantage.
Puch Maxi pedal power moped,FS1SE, CB125,RD350F new C-reg powervalve (1Aug85), H100 for commuting after the above went, CB250N and a "new" engine after 2 years commuting. Then I got rid of other half, not married but might as well have been :( and got a RGV250 about 2 weeks later :) , KLR650, FZ750, TDR250, RD350F2, DR650, Fazer600 written off after 6 years, SLR650, XL1200N, GSR600, 21March14 Toni the Tiger 1050 :)
Keith

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #39 on: 05 October, 2015, 01:16:08 AM »
The mix is somewhat simple. Air in, Air out plus the fuel.

In order for it all to work, the exhale is the biggest restriction. (exhaust)
Support the forum.   :031: