Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2009 Tiger 1050 ECU Tune Recomendation  (Read 6579 times)

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Re: 2009 Tiger 1050 ECU Tune Recomendation
« Reply #10 on: 12 August, 2015, 02:57:30 AM »
 For the most part agree with TCC, on THE PLUG if your staying stock load most current tune and they get it.

Otherwise set your bike up like AK or mine then load our tune.

Of course best option is to get the setup you want then find a proper tuner. Do not let them talk you into installing a power commander. It's not needed for out bike and is only for a lazy tuner.

Support the forum.   :031:

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hong Kong
« Reply #11 on: 12 August, 2015, 10:59:53 AM »
 :460:
Thanks TCC, thats really informative, and I have never heard of the Booster, so checked it out, and your second point seems to indicate the same thing, the reason for the snatchy behaviour is the lean fuel situation, that was a feeling, so the basic solution is to up the Richness till it behaves,

A simple question would be, would this make the bike run a little cooler? I still get the feeling of it running hot, Seemes a lot hotter than my previous 955, but again it might be in my head. On a fll day run, it did pee all over my boots after I stopped, and emptied the overflow water tank. After a service and replace and bled the radiator water, full clean up, it seems fixed. and in the Traffic here, go's between 6 and 7 bars on the temp gage,

Regards
Geoff.
To Bearly go where no one ever bearly wanted to go before,

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #12 on: 12 August, 2015, 11:09:36 AM »
6 bars is normal, 7 is when the fan kick's on going back to 6.
As I said before, you can lower when the fan kick's in going to low won't help engine performance.

TuneEcu is your next step. Make sure you cable has the FTDI chipset.
Try a couple of tunes, if they don't work then get the chip. Cable is $20 or less, chip not so much.

Offline Nods

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2012 Red Tiger SE
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #13 on: 12 August, 2015, 01:06:21 PM »
The peeing all over your boot sounds like an air bubble which was burped out after she got nice and hot.  Sounds like the service did the job of filling up the cooling system with no air bubbles.  I've seen several members suggest a new radiator cap is a sound investment for misbehaving cooling systems too.

Yeah 7 bars in hot and steamy Honkers would be normal, back to 6 when the fan has cooled it down.  Same as my bike during summer here in Sydney.

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
« Reply #14 on: 13 August, 2015, 06:15:23 AM »
 :300:
Been thinking deep about the issue I have, and it doesn't seem to fit with the description,
For example, the Booster Plug, works buy adding the extract fuel on acceleration, but cruising, IE holding the Throttle at the speed i am going, and getting the jerky feeling of the Engine. Doesnt seem to indicate that this could be fixed by having extra fuel at acceleration.
Anyway, ill be getting the Balance checked, and run a couple of Tunes on Saturday, see the effect.

Offline smaug

• Tiger God
  • GRRRRRRR
  • Bike/Model: 07 Tiger 1050 BLUE
« Reply #15 on: 13 August, 2015, 11:05:44 AM »
Sounds to me like chain and sprockets could use replacing or adjusting. Tiger snatchiness is a low speed irritation ime.
ginger beer still popular here?

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #16 on: 13 August, 2015, 11:30:27 AM »
 :0461:  also check your throttle play.
There really should not be any play.

Offline jethro1206

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: The Gong
« Reply #17 on: 15 August, 2015, 12:30:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by indytiger1050 [+]
If you don't have issues with using aftermarket exhausts, pull the cat, make sure all the air boxs mod's are done and load my tune.
I do have a thread of who can run my tune and not for setup comparisons but this is also a recent post a member started.

https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,30049.msg375961.html#msg375961

Stock setup your very limited for tunes, it's Triumph's or Dave's.

Dave, where in the exhaust pipe dose the cat live and if you pull it without loading a new tune will it play havoc with the standard tune ?

Jethro
« Last Edit: 15 August, 2015, 12:39:12 AM by jethro1206 »

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #18 on: 15 August, 2015, 12:36:29 AM »
Will if I decrypted your last message correctly.
The cat lives in the last bit of header if you don't live down under or NZ. There the lucky ones and get them removed from the factory.
Yes you want to have a tune for NON-SAI or SAI installed the CAT really effects flow and performance.
Running lean is BAD on the exhaust valves.

Dave's tune is listed in the tuning section sticky.
Dikmans tune list has all the Triumph tunes listed.

Offline cyberience

• Tiger Member
  • Cyberience
« Reply #19 on: 24 August, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »
Here is a follow up to my Tune, thought I would share my experience, and whats happening, it may help others, or at least give you all someone to laugh at as I learn.

Basic info is,
Hong Kong, 30-36 Degrees C, normal Temperature, 5 months. Never below 5' in winter.
Fuel is 98HON
Exhaust is MIVV, not sure how to identify if its a sports or other type.
Balance on cylinders via tuneECU is 620, 600, 600
Temperature normally 6 bars, Traffic jam goes to 7 bars, yesterday, went to 8bars in the Jam, particularly a bad jam.

I did a backup and download to my bike.
I found the following:
Installed Tune was 20542Map.hex OEM
I replaced it with 20614Map.hex OEM.
I haven't gone through all the potions yet, next will be to try 20621Map.hex OEM 

Bike running, no change, still got the vibration, grinding feeling when cruising between 3,000 and 4,000 rpm.
Now the big questions.
Is there a guide anywhere on how to balance the engines, when i mean balance, I am referring to the readings I get in the TuneECU.
What map would be the better map to work from considering the Climate, Fuel and Exhaust system?

I see the standard ones that is Arrow, and Arrow Race, and even the After Market ones.
So ill continue to take advise, and see how I can improve my situation,a nd feed back the results here, might even not be a tune problem, so at least we can identify the issue and share it out.
the 6% recommendation will be my next step once I find a Tune that feels closer, and then I can simply do the 6% thing on the Rev range, between 2,500 n 4,000 rather than the whole range. seeing that the snaggy feeling isn't there at these other speeds.