Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: FrankenTune update  (Read 4640 times)

Offline trumpet tigger

• Tiger God
  • Born free, taxed to death!
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger SE
  • City / Town: Beverley
Re: FrankenTune update
« Reply #20 on: 29 September, 2015, 08:23:57 PM »
*Originally Posted by day7a1 [+]
You can't adapt with the O2 sensor eliminated, apb. You are right in your diagnosis, though. That's exactly what it needs.

The stock tune is, as a matter of fact gained from personal, methodical experience, approximately 6% rich prior to adaption on my bike and would be even more so on a stock bike.

No one notices because no one uses the stock tune with the sensor eliminated. The bike adapts quickly and the richness is tuned out, as designed.

I actually said the opposite of what you seem to think I said. The lack of O2 sensor will absolutely make the bike rich under almost all conditions. Perhaps half the conditions by number, but 90% by time spent in the condition depending on how you ride. If that's the ride you prefer, wasting half your fuel and depositing it onto the piston as carbon and into the air where it turns into ozone where it kills the elderly, gives kids asthma, and literally gives you and everyone else headaches, don't change anything.

It seems you prefer the sluggish throttle response that rich conditions give, seems lots of people do. I don't get it. I didn't like Indy's at all and knew better than to even try Frankentune. I prefer a fine line between power and engine braking, I guess, since I didn't like Dave's V2 that much either. I was nice at first but I travel between cars for 10 miles a day. I need precision.
Just a quick point - it's an o2 eliminator I am running wich is not the same as disabling the o2 in tuneecu which does richen the mixture. The eliminator sends a fixed resistance signal back to the ecu which is in the middle of the o2's spectrum, so yes sometimes it will be a bit richer, but conversely it will also be sometimes leaner... It does not use more fuel than before, and my throttle response is unchanged. Like I said: the only difference is that it is no longer hunting / chuntering whilst cruising steadily at a constant throttle.

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
  • Bike/Model: 11 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #21 on: 30 September, 2015, 03:29:59 AM »
Seems like a distinction without a difference.

Using TuneECU, there is no adaption due to the ECU not having any feedback, so the starting fuel trim (0%) is always added.
Using Eliminator, there is no adaption due to the AFR always reading perfect, so the starting fuel trim (0%) is always added.

I'm confused, which of the following is true? Maybe the implied part (in brackets) is not what you meant.

*Originally Posted by trumpet tigger [+]
Fuel consumption took a hit with fuel light coming on at 90 miles from full.
Have just gone back to Indy's tune...uses a little less juice...
I must point out the bike is not stock...
O2 eliminator
*Originally Posted by trumpet tigger [+]
... It does not use more fuel than before [the O2 Eliminator was installed]

If you were getting 20 US mpg before the eliminator was installed, you have some other issue that needs addressed.

Online indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #22 on: 30 September, 2015, 03:40:02 AM »
 :462:

There is still the Map sensor and temp sensor.
AIR pressure matters sense density relates to that pressure. Go higher and see what happens to MPG.

Also really have to say OH ya, if your getting 20 mpg ever you have problems.
The lowest I have managed to pull was around 30 doing full out track riding running the richest tune for the tiger around.

Support the forum.   :031:

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
  • Bike/Model: 11 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #23 on: 30 September, 2015, 05:33:04 AM »
Actually, now that I think about it, 90 miles when the light comes on is probably close to 3 gallons...or a bit less than 30 mpg. Probably closer to 30 than 20 though. Still not good.

I guess I was thinking 90 miles till you have 0 miles on the clock, that would be about 20 mpg. I'm generally looking at over 200 miles at that point, and 160 or more when the light turns on.

Offline trumpet tigger

• Tiger God
  • Born free, taxed to death!
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger SE
  • City / Town: Beverley
« Reply #24 on: 07 October, 2015, 10:42:50 AM »
I've never had good fuel economy even from new, but I do thrash it  and it's got a Madstad barn door fitted. Average is 33-35mpg (british gallon), and even with 19t front and 42t rear was struggling to reach 45mpg cruising at 80 albeit with a lot of luggage.