Author Topic: alarm would not activate.  (Read 1423 times)

Offline travelmaster

• Tiger Member
  • Topic Author
  • Bike/Model: 2007 in White.
  • City / Town: Lincoln
alarm would not activate.
on: 11 July, 2015, 07:31:19 AM
Pulled over into a layby for a coffee stop took the keys as usual and heard the alarm set itself,when we retuned i clicked the fob once to reset but nothing happened,when i looked back close to the road was a huge radio mast laden with ariels pushed the bike 100 meters down the road and everything ok ? Anyone experience radio wave interference .?

Last Edit: 11 July, 2015, 07:18:07 PM by travelmaster

Offline MW0ELC

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050, 2007
  • City / Town: Huéscar
Re: alarm would not activate.
Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2015, 03:22:41 PM
Fob frequency is 433.92 mhz or thereabouts.  Primary user for this band ( 70cms ) in the UK is the M.O.D. and secondary users are radio amateurs.  Low power devices ( car remote and alarm fobs are classed as this )  used in this frequency band have to accept interference from the primary user.   Yes, they will knock out your immobiliser and lock you out of your car if they are close, but as travelmaster has said, pushing the bike away from the source of the signal will  help to unlock the alarm / immobiliser.  Bit harder pushing the car mind !

Might make a noise while you push it away, but......." Honest officer, it IS  mine ! "  springs to mind

As an aside, as a radio amateur myself, I have often locked people out of their cars in the immediate vicinity to me while transmitting ( legally I may add ! ) on this band !   :148:

Les 
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Offline TigerSteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Scorched Yellow
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Re: alarm would not activate.
Reply #2 on: 04 September, 2015, 09:35:51 PM
 :0461: Me to.

Just replied in the "Whats the problem with alarms?" thread.

Watch where you leave the thing.
Last Edit: 04 September, 2015, 09:37:35 PM by TigerSteve
Scorched Yellow Tiger + Palmer Screen, SWMo Bars & Givi E55 box.

reconstruction