Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Has anyone bought this kit?  (Read 1143 times)

Offline 1157jonboy

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: 2008 1050 Tiger
  • City / Town: Gillingham
Has anyone bought this kit?
« on: 23 March, 2015, 12:12:16 PM »
I've just seen this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161353998925?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Has anyone bought and fitted one? Is it any good?

Cheers
I'm told the throttle works both ways. I'll have to try that some day.

Offline jamiesk

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Ipswich
Re: Has anyone bought this kit?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2015, 01:44:36 PM »
Going HID in the standard lights is putting more power into a bad thing. You could replace the reflectors with a kit like I did  https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,30838.0.html or get the newer headlamp units and get a talltiger wiring kit.

IMHA its not worth it playing with the standard lights.
Puch Maxi pedal power moped,FS1SE, CB125,RD350F new C-reg powervalve (1Aug85), H100 for commuting after the above went, CB250N and a "new" engine after 2 years commuting. Then I got rid of other half, not married but might as well have been :( and got a RGV250 about 2 weeks later :) , KLR650, FZ750, TDR250, RD350F2, DR650, Fazer600 written off after 6 years, SLR650, XL1200N, GSR600, 21March14 Toni the Tiger 1050 :)
Keith

Offline Zeebad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Ex Tiger 1050 10 years
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #2 on: 24 March, 2015, 10:14:51 AM »
I went HID in the standard lights and imo it's ok. Much more visible to other road users and the road is a lot more visible at night. The main downside of going hid with high beam as well is that it takes a second or two to reach full power. I'm not too bothered by that as I ride very little at night. It's never been a problem for me as such, but something to be aware of in case it might be for you.

I have something similar to the kit you link to, but not identical. It will likely make a very noticeable difference. The ballasts on that one do look a bit chunky though, which will make them harder to secrete away inside the panels.
Danny

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on the list.

My mods https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,30477.0.html

Offline 2slowTiger

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Trophy SE
  • City / Town: Dallas TX
« Reply #3 on: 25 March, 2015, 06:05:22 PM »
I just put HID's on my Tiger this last weekend.
My brother-in-law wanted to mount some LED lights on his BMW so he mounted them and I wired them up.
I like the clean lines of the Tiger so after looking at everthing from Piaa light bar to add on LED lights I thought I would give the HID's a try.
I got the low beam and put it in , cheap if I did not like it , I had Piaa bulbs in my Tiger before they where much better than stock.
The HID's lights are much better that the Piaa's.
The kit you are looking at looks almost like the ones I ended up with I went back and got the high beam the next day.
Mounting was not hard the ballasts look to have a mounting plate on back that comes off ,  I took them off and used double sided tape made for the outdoors that is 20 lbs test mounted the ballast on the middle of the fork brace the part the Y's out if you do that make sure you have the ballast up high enough to clear the fork brace as you turn from left to right there is only a few mm's between the fork and the ballast's on each side about 4mm's.
With the cost of the HID's just a little more that a set of Piaa's it was a no brain-er.

I did have to cut a small place for the wires it go through and most of the wires fit in the housing and a few little zip ties and looks like OEM.

Try them .

Never post just how fast your Tiger is that's why mine is 2Slow