Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tuneboy Users  (Read 956 times)

Offline 1baddoggie

• Tiger Member
Tuneboy Users
« on: 27 December, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »
Doing a search it appears there are a few members that have acquired a Tuneboy. I am having some difficulties getting mine connected. Did anyone else have any trouble?
I am using a fairly new laptop and connecting via a USB port. There seems to be some issues getting Com port settings set up. Did anyone have to do manual settings to get it working?

1bd

Offline littlefield

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 10 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Clute, TX
Re: Tuneboy Users
« Reply #1 on: 28 December, 2007, 03:04:32 AM »
Make sure you have the latest drivers and that any device drivers such as those for Palm Pilots are disabled. They will screw the whole thing up. If you have more problems try www.thespeedtriple.com, there are several knowledgeable users on there. Or Wayne at tuneboy.

Offline 1baddoggie

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 29 December, 2007, 08:35:41 PM »
Hooray, I am linked up now. Seems that TB just updated the programs and some of the main page was not revved leaving me to think I had the current rev.

I am curious who's tuning their bikes themselves and what results you got from the tunes available on TB's website? Did you find enough detail in their instructions?

:465:

1bd

Offline trust_me

• Tiger Member
« Reply #3 on: 30 December, 2007, 03:44:26 PM »
I'm still running the stock pipe and intake. USA tune with catalyst and O2 sensor. My original complaint was the lean surge at steady speed and light throttle, especially in the lower gears (lots of traffic on my way to work). I loaded the TOR tune, and wasn't happy with the results - it seemed to lose some midrange. Didn't power-wheelie as well  :007:. So I went back to the original tune, thought about playing around with the fueling tables, but didn't. I actually went in and unchecked the box "O2 sensor fitted" in one of the option screens, which the manual said would force the bike to run in open loop mode all the time. So it doesn't try to go into closed loop, and doesn't try to trim the fueling back to a specific air/fuel ratio. Voila, no more lean surge. So I'm happy for now, with just this small change, until I get a different pipe.

2007 Scorched Yellow Tiger