Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel gauge.  (Read 1706 times)

Offline alant15

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger1050ABS
  • City / Town: Liverpool
Re: Fuel gauge (Update)
« Reply #10 on: 15 October, 2014, 07:26:06 PM »
Just to let y'all know. I bit the bullet and bought the sender spotted by Rememo on ebay. Took tank off today and fitted it. Bingo! All works properly again. :152:

It's not that simple a job though. You have to upend the tank once off and remove the bottom cover. Once that is free the sender needs disconnecting before you can remove the pump/filter unit. Then you need to unclip the old sender inside the tank. You need a torch(flashlight) to see how it's attached then you need to get your hand inside to unclip the sender working blind. After about 5 mins I got it off. I must say, it looked undamaged and exactly the same as the new one. I wasn't 100% confident it was going to do the trick but it did.

As a bonus while the tank was off I ran a fused feed from the battery under the tank and fitted my Satnav socket. Both jobs done in 2-3 hours.  :152:

Alan.
2011 Tiger 1050, Les Williams T160 Legend, (now 850), T160, T150T,  T120, TR6, T100 & TR7RV.

Offline mjgt

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger Sport
  • City / Town: Clevedon
Re: Fuel gauge.
« Reply #11 on: 15 October, 2014, 08:59:34 PM »
Nice one, glad you got it sorted.  :046:
Keep the rubber side down.   Mick