Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 20550 Indy's tune  (Read 30874 times)

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
20550 Indy's tune
« on: 27 March, 2014, 01:15:08 AM »
Here is my tune with the tables copied into the 20550 base tune. (Thanks Day7a1)
It is a hybrid done for comparison purposes. Some have stated they notice a difference others no difference.
Since several members have asked for the tune posting it up separate, the original thread with some results below.
Quantitative Testing of 7 Tiger Tunes Using Bluetooth OBDII Scanner

If you do test this tune PLEASE post up what you have found, if you notice a difference or not.
Would also ask you to post up your configuration, if another tune worked better would like to know that also.
This will help others to select the best tune with a similar setup.

THANKS and  :490:
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline xtruss

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Stoke
Re: 20550 Indy's tune
« Reply #1 on: 28 March, 2014, 01:43:45 PM »
Cheers Indy, I will give it a try this weekend and report back,  I had been running your origional tune which has been great, for a change I have tried the frankintune which is currently in the bike,  really couldn't tell and difference between the 2. On your I ran o2 on and frankintune o2 off. 

Offline Zeebad

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Ex Tiger 1050 10 years
  • City / Town: Stourbridge
« Reply #2 on: 29 March, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »
Hi Indy. I have tried this since your original tune works well on my bike. I'm unable to tell the difference between the two.
Danny

I haven't been everywhere, but it's on the list.

My mods https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,30477.0.html

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #3 on: 29 March, 2014, 12:42:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zeebad [+]
Hi Indy. I have tried this since your original tune works well on my bike. I'm unable to tell the difference between the two.
    To me that makes sense, unless the hidden parts of the tune effect performance it shouldn't.
Some feel better running a newer base tune on there bike, now they can and still have my tune.

A rose by any other name is still a rose.
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline Zeebad

• Tiger Master
« Reply #4 on: 29 March, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »
Yes, the original is loaded on the bike at the moment, but I'll probably go to the new base just because.
Danny

Offline El Pollo Diablo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Dordrecht
« Reply #5 on: 30 March, 2014, 09:43:36 PM »
Mods: decat, sai blocked off, k&n filter, airbox snorkel removed, sc project exhaust without baffle. O2 on.

I love the gurgling sounds on decel with the 20550 tune. The normal tune does not have this. Also i think the 20550 mapping is a bit more smooth. No difference in performance. No stall problems, unlike the normal Indy tune.
Ride a Tiger and realise it's a sport bike in a blazer and slacks instead of jeans and a t-shirt. It speaks the Queen's English without swearing or embarrassing your wife at a dinner party.

Offline El Pollo Diablo

• Tiger Master
« Reply #6 on: 02 April, 2014, 01:48:10 PM »
I have to correct my previous answer. Did about 10km total today in busy traffic in a busy city centre, and it stalled 3 times. This tune seems to have the stalling problem also.
Ride a Tiger and realise it's a sport bike in a blazer and slacks instead of jeans and a t-shirt. It speaks the Queen's English without swearing or embarrassing your wife at a dinner party.

Offline Tiggur

• Tiger Master
  • White Tiger 2011
  • Bike/Model: White Tiger 2011
  • City / Town: West Sussex
« Reply #7 on: 06 April, 2014, 11:59:43 AM »
So Zeebad hasn't experienced any problems with the tune, but El Pollo has experienced a stalling problem so what if any could be the problem!
I'll download the tune today if I get the chance and report back.

Offline Zeebad

• Tiger Master
« Reply #8 on: 06 April, 2014, 12:10:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tiggur [+]
So Zeebad hasn't experienced any problems with the tune, but El Pollo has experienced a stalling problem so what if any could be the problem!
I'll download the tune today if I get the chance and report back.
The original Indy tune always suited my bike and mods, whereas it looks like Pollo's bike wasn't so happy with it. I used to get stalling with one of the other tunes (I forget which now). I didn't consider it a problem with the tune, just that none of these tunes were made specifically for my bike so some would suit it better than others.
Danny

Offline El Pollo Diablo

• Tiger Master
« Reply #9 on: 06 April, 2014, 12:50:23 PM »
I'm running Stoltec's tune now, by far the best of all the tunes i've tried (Indy, 20550 Indy, Dave's V2 and 20290 modified). Dave's V2 was the worst for my bike.