Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 20550 Indy's tune  (Read 28149 times)

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
  • Bike/Model: 11 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
Re: 20550 Indy's tune
« Reply #20 on: 09 April, 2014, 09:39:26 AM »
Sounds like what happened to me. I blamed it on the slow pickup from idle due the F-L switch being so low in the throttle range.  The AK hybrid felt the same. Only happened once, but I never got away from that laggy throttle feeling. It didn't seem to stumble like it was too rich or lean, just like it took a bit longer to calculate what fuelling to use.  When it can't figure out how much fuel to use you can't figure out how much gas to give it, and it stalls. 

I imagine it's not noticeable for some who don't stay at small throttle openings much.

Offline nodough12

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 1012 tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hobart tassie
« Reply #21 on: 09 April, 2014, 11:01:26 AM »
Hi Indy, I know I said in the beginning I hadn't had any stalling issues with my TOR can and your tune 20550 but lately I have been but I've been dealing with ok. Maybe when the powercone arrives it may solve it

Offline kevh

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Caerphilly
« Reply #22 on: 09 April, 2014, 12:15:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by day7a1 [+]
Sounds like what happened to me. I blamed it on the slow pickup from idle due the F-L switch being so low in the throttle range.  The AK hybrid felt the same. Only happened once, but I never got away from that laggy throttle feeling. It didn't seem to stumble like it was too rich or lean, just like it took a bit longer to calculate what fuelling to use.  When it can't figure out how much fuel to use you can't figure out how much gas to give it, and it stalls. 

I imagine it's not noticeable for some who don't stay at small throttle openings much.

Same with my bike. For example, come to a halt briefly, then as I open the throttle to pull away - stall.

I have also noticed the engine has a tendecy to go a bit wooly on tickover (I mean it ticks over unevenly) when it's warmed up, it's a bit like a 2 stroke engine when the plugs begin to foul up, then you blip the throttle to clear them.

Offline El Pollo Diablo

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 ABS
  • City / Town: Dordrecht
« Reply #23 on: 09 April, 2014, 12:17:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by kevh [+]

Same with my bike. For example, come to a halt briefly, then as I open the throttle to pull away - stall.

Exactly!
Ride a Tiger and realise it's a sport bike in a blazer and slacks instead of jeans and a t-shirt. It speaks the Queen's English without swearing or embarrassing your wife at a dinner party.

Offline kevh

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #24 on: 10 April, 2014, 06:18:53 PM »
Went for a bimble on the bike today, as it's my birthday.

The bike stalled just as I was pulling out onto a busy road.

Then I thought about what happened. The stall thing is manageable, but you just need to be consistent when pulling away from junctions at low speed.

You need to give the engine a reasonable amount of revs and it will pull away cleanly.

Otherwise, low speed approach, changing down, stop, first bite of the clutch with a light throttle and... oops!

On the upside, the average fuel consumption continues to improve. Today it was up to 45.5 MPG. How can that be?

It be wizardry, I tell you!  :087:

Offline RedBird

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Tiger1050
  • City / Town: Stroud, Oklahoma
« Reply #25 on: 10 April, 2014, 10:29:59 PM »
I experienced the stall taking off from a stop last year in Salt Lake City--very irritating in traffic.  It felt like it was loading up (rich mixture) at idle to me.  I didn't notice it that much on the rest of my trip--just in Utah.  The bike really runs good on Utah fuel for some reason--mpg jumped 10-12 mpg while in Utah, and I rode it hard in the mountains.  I had decided the mixture was just too rich at idle; however, now that I think about it moreit may be due to the Utah fuel since I rode through 10 other states without noticing that problem.  These tunes are done with the fuel the person (who paid for the tune) last purchased.  Many states have different blends for summer (I am assuming most of the tunes available were done during the summer months). 

Larry

Offline day7a1

• Tiger Master
  • C'mon!!!
  • Bike/Model: 11 Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: San Diego
« Reply #26 on: 11 April, 2014, 05:02:24 AM »
I'm curious....would someone with frequent stalling problems be interested in changing the F-L switch values to something more like 16? If my theory is correct, that would solve the problem. If you don't feel comfortable doing that yourself I can send you a file via PM for testing. 

Offline nodough12

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 1012 tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Hobart tassie
« Reply #27 on: 11 April, 2014, 08:18:57 AM »
I'll be the guinea pig if it won't hurt anything but you'll have to send it to me

Offline kevh

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #28 on: 11 April, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »
Judging by the blue sky in Nodough's avtar, I guess he's not from the UK!

So if you want to run something using UK unleaded petrol (95 octane) I'm up for it, but can you explain how to make the changes? Tune ecu maybe?

It's the least I can do after all the help I've had.

Offline firemanjim

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger
  • City / Town: Pleasant Hill,CA
« Reply #29 on: 11 April, 2014, 05:33:07 PM »
I had the stalling for a long time and tried mucking about with tunes. Finally looked at the adjustment for the idle stepper. It was allowing the bike to come down too low and no matter how high I set idle in the ecu it could not compensate. Set it up a bit and no more stalls.