Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another which tune to use question  (Read 563 times)

Offline xtruss

• Tiger Member
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Stoke
Another which tune to use question
« on: 07 March, 2014, 03:01:31 PM »
Hi All,

I have been looking through all the tune threads and trying to see which one to try next in my bike.

Currently my bike has the following mods
Open exhaust with no baffle, K & N filter with blank removed and open snorkel,  SAI intact, and CAT removed.

I have been using Indys tune with o2 and SAI on,  with very good results, apart from the rich fuel smell at tick over, it does go very well when the revs get up, but in the search for more improvement lower down the rev range was considering the following options.
Frankentune has been ported over by Guraki onto the 20165 base tune with what has been reported with good results.
Or day7a1 got indys tune and ported it to 20550 base tune again with good results,  my question would be would Frankentune work on a 20550 base tune and should i still use o2 and SAI on?

I mainly use the bike for long distance touring doing about 5000 miles / year.

I know this may be a bit of a can of worms, but its always interesting reading your comments.

Cheers
Russ
« Last Edit: 07 March, 2014, 03:38:31 PM by xtruss »

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Re: Another which tune to use question
« Reply #1 on: 07 March, 2014, 11:41:37 PM »
  If you have SAI then might as well leave it checked along with O2.
Suggest leaving the O2 installed and if you don't like the sound effects eventually plug the SAI.

Might try AK's tune, also.
Support the forum.   :031: