Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Power Tripp's custom tune for Stoltec Moto  (Read 17041 times)

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
Re: Power Tripp's custom tune for Stoltec Moto
« Reply #10 on: 11 April, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »
 Looks great.   :460:

Sent mine down to Wayne and he had them ready for me when I got there.

Would love to see you do a DIY on the throttle bodies.
 Ask Wayne about the metal down tubes from the throttle bodies to the bike. He said that would give 2-4 hp on the top end.
 :490:
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger
  • City / Town: Bangor
« Reply #11 on: 11 April, 2013, 11:36:56 PM »
I may in fact do a DIY...

I was going to talk to him about the velocity stacks while I'm there.  It might give me back what the Leo Vince baffle took away.  Still rips, though.

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #12 on: 11 April, 2013, 11:57:51 PM »
 See about getting a set for me also.
Might as well put them in when I install the throttle bodies.

When I get my bike back.  :157:
Support the forum.   :031:

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: 12 April, 2013, 12:06:21 AM »
I will inquire...

Offline Dave73

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: North Texas
« Reply #14 on: 12 April, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »
Did you dyno before and after with the baffle? That is the exhaust i will most likely get, and i was curious about the real world difference the baffle makes

Also, do you know the diameter of the Leo pipe going up towards the can?
« Last Edit: 12 April, 2013, 12:11:37 AM by Dave73 »
06 Daytona 675 Track Bike
10 Tiger 1050 Everything Else Bike

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #15 on: 12 April, 2013, 12:17:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dave73 [+]
Did you dyno before and after with the baffle? That is the exhaust i will most likely get, and i was curious about the real world difference the baffle makes

Also, do you know the diameter of the Leo pipe going up towards the can?

Hasn't been on the dyno yet...that is scheduled for this coming Tuesday.  Wayne was going to make a map for both configurations, so I'll post the results.

The pipe is 1.75" and opens up to meet the pipe.  The baffle is 1.30".

Offline Dave73

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: North Texas
« Reply #16 on: 14 April, 2013, 05:09:57 PM »
Ive had some idle time and did some research on the step in the throttle body, and also saw it for myself when I had the filter out yesterday.

Is the step being tapered so the head end of the TB is the same diameter as stock, or is it being bored out consistently to the outlet?  If the latter, it seems like a tricky job without a lathe.

06 Daytona 675 Track Bike
10 Tiger 1050 Everything Else Bike

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #17 on: 16 April, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dave73 [+]
Ive had some idle time and did some research on the step in the throttle body, and also saw it for myself when I had the filter out yesterday.

Is the step being tapered so the head end of the TB is the same diameter as stock, or is it being bored out consistently to the outlet?  If the latter, it seems like a tricky job without a lathe.

Dave, the throttle body step is being blended lightly to eliminate the hard stop. Think of it as a blended chamfer...

Heading to Wayne's soon. Will post updates as soon as I can!

Offline guraki

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 black
  • City / Town: Patras
« Reply #18 on: 20 April, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
Cant wait For the New Tune Post and First impressions!!!! :034:

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #19 on: 29 April, 2013, 06:18:14 PM »
Alright, time for an update (see first page for a dyno plot)...

Although Wayne likely won't see this post, I'd like to thank Wayne for his time, sharing his knowledge, and his general southern hospitality.  I rode in with 3 other guys on our way to the MotoGP in Austin, and he fed us pizza, soda, and coffee without taking anything from us.  He's a cool dude with many years of experience on various bikes - really knows his stuff, which is easy to see as you peruse his shop.

At any rate, we spent about 4 hours on the dyno tweaking the base map (Indy's map as found in his post).  Given the header and throttle body porting, the bike was lean in most areas, with a couple rich exceptions.   Nothing to be overly concerned with, though.  The biggest concern was poor idle and a hole off idle.  However, Wayne managed to find 5-7% throughout the rev range and throttle response is MUCH snappier.  The bike now runs VERY smooth and pulls from down low.  The best way to describe the change would be to say the powerband shifted 1K RPM lower...5k feels like 6k, and so on.  This bike will stand up on its hind legs and really boogies.

For those looking at numbers - don't.  Wayne's eddy current dyno is completely different from a Dyno Jet, and numbers can't be compared.  According to Wayne, a S3 with slip-ons will put out around 101 rwhp on his dyno.  So, with the Leo Vince baffle in place, ~100 hp is nothing to sneeze at.  Put another way, the stock 114 CRANK horsepower has been replaced with about 130'ish smooth pulling ponies.  The initial goal was the create a more comfortable/practical Speed Triple, and to that end, mission accomplished!

I'm getting a few backfires on heavy engine braking, and made some pretty dark smoke during an impromptu, err sanctioned, drag race.  So, Wayne's made a few changes to lean out decel (among other things).  I'm going to load the new tune tonight and will give it a few more days before giving my final verdict.  Once it passes my butt dyno test, I'll post it for others to try out.