Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Power Tripp's custom tune for Stoltec Moto  (Read 16789 times)

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger
  • City / Town: Bangor
Re: Power Tripp's custom tune for Stoltec Moto
« Reply #20 on: 29 April, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dave73 [+]
Did you dyno before and after with the baffle? That is the exhaust i will most likely get, and i was curious about the real world difference the baffle makes

Also, do you know the diameter of the Leo pipe going up towards the can?

Dave, touched on this in my last post - but based on our time on the dyno, removing the baffle adds about 1-2 hp from the current map.  Wayne felt he might find more if he spent time, but the map is safe to use as-is.  Given that I don't plan on running the baffle out for only a couple ponies up top, we left it alone.

For the price, the Leo gets my  :152:.  Amazing build quality, great sound, good looks.  For less than $300 to your door, how do you argue?  It's even still made in Italy...

Offline bikall

• Tiger Member
« Reply #21 on: 29 April, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Stoltec Moto [+]
I'm already impressed with Indy's map.  Feels at least like my Speed Triple did...maybe more.  It doesn't compare to the garbage Triumph put out there :192:

Where can i find that map or the one from power tripp??.

Offline Qoob

• Tiger Master
  • Pronounced 'cube' - Siberian '59 Tiger
  • Bike/Model: White '59 Tiger
  • City / Town: Sheffield
« Reply #22 on: 29 April, 2013, 07:56:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by bikall [+]
*Originally Posted by Stoltec Moto [+]
I'm already impressed with Indy's map.  Feels at least like my Speed Triple did...maybe more.  It doesn't compare to the garbage Triumph put out there :192:

Where can i find that map or the one from power tripp??.
Plenty of links in the Performance Mods Sticky

Indy's Tune is attached to this thread

:490:
« Last Edit: 29 April, 2013, 07:57:53 PM by Qoob »
-- Steve --

There is no beginning or end, only change.

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #23 on: 29 April, 2013, 07:57:15 PM »
Indy's map is here:  https://www.tiger1050.com/index.php/topic,19387.0.html

My map will be posted as soon as I can get some sufficient time on the newest revision (though the current one is already damn good).  Both Indy and I went through Power Tripp (Wayne).

Offline indytiger1050

• Tiger Supporter
  • Supreme Tiger
  • Bike/Model: 2007 White Tiger
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #24 on: 29 April, 2013, 11:28:49 PM »
 Wayne AKA power-tripp has 2 tunes that are being offered as of now and soon one more.
Mine, AK's and real soon Stoltec Moto's.

I will add Stoltec Moto's to the tuning thread when it's posted up.

Try both Ak's and mine, then Stoltec Moto's run the one that works best for you.

Support the forum.   :031:

Offline guraki

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 black
  • City / Town: Patras
« Reply #25 on: 30 April, 2013, 08:42:28 AM »
Except from smoothness the main reason i prefer AK's tune is that has been created with 87 ocane US standards fuel...

Offline bikall

• Tiger Member
« Reply #26 on: 30 April, 2013, 09:24:49 AM »
*Originally Posted by guraki [+]
Except from smoothness the main reason i prefer AK's tune is that has been created with 87 ocane US standards fuel...

This probably means for me that i will loose power due too the ignition retarding. We have 95 octane and in germany we can get 105. Ethanol blends are sold seperately. I think dat predetonation isn't an issue here. But i will be on the look out for these stories. I also found a thread telling there was a bad batch of pistons going around in 2007 tigers leading to piston failure.

http://www.triumphrat.net/tiger-chat/161163-1050-motor-problems.html

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #27 on: 30 April, 2013, 11:53:06 AM »
Realistically, considering the power that the Tiger puts out (particularly if it's been tuned properly) I very much doubt any loss of power through using lower octane fuel will be that noticeable. In fact, when I "detuned" mine to run on 91RON I felt it was actually pulling much better than before.

Besides, as you said before it's not just about sheer power but making the bike run better overall - which a decent tune will do.

As for the early faulty piston story, forget about it, it's irrelevant because it doesn't account for the later models also suffering piston failure.
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline Ewan

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Virginia Water
« Reply #28 on: 30 April, 2013, 12:05:31 PM »

We have 95 octane and in germany we can get 105.

Be aware that octane numbers are quoted differently in Europe and the US. Europe uses RON, the US uses the average of RON and MON, and the figure is usually about 5 points lower. So a 'Premium' fuel that is sold as 97 in Europe is sold as ~92 in the US. Just to make sure we're comparing apples with apples!

Offline Stoltec Moto

• Ex Member
  • Tiger Master
« Reply #29 on: 30 April, 2013, 12:14:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ewan [+]

We have 95 octane and in germany we can get 105.

Be aware that octane numbers are quoted differently in Europe and the US. Europe uses RON, the US uses the average of RON and MON, and the figure is usually about 5 points lower. So a 'Premium' fuel that is sold as 97 in Europe is sold as ~92 in the US. Just to make sure we're comparing apples with apples!

Furthermore, with regards to timing, the bike can't pull timing on the fly like a car does when it experiences knock.  There is no knock sensor, so the timing is based on the timing map.  What you set is what you get.

FWIW, I ran 87 during my long highway stints of my trip.  Given the load on the engine, I never experienced detonation.  I did, however, use 89 when I knew I was going to be in the twisties.