Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Stock 2010 on dyno  (Read 16320 times)

Offline dtrides

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 SE
  • City / Town: Nor Cal.
Re: Stock 2010 on dyno
« Reply #20 on: 22 December, 2012, 06:09:52 AM »
Indy, I am in Nor Cal and Firemanjim looks to be in the Bay Area. I did some snooping around and I think he may have a shop and  dyno at Sears Point Raceway. It would be great if he is experienced using Tune ECU.
I have asked a couple of Triumph dealers (one who has a dyno infact)about using  and they wouldn't recommend anything but the factory tunes:(. Probably a liability issue as much as anything.
DT
"I know I'm going to hate myself for participating in this thread, but like a moth to a flame, I can't help it." Hamlin....

Offline firemanjim

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: 2008 Tiger
  • City / Town: Pleasant Hill,CA
« Reply #21 on: 23 December, 2012, 08:16:16 PM »
Yup. that would be me. Live in Pleasant Hill and have dyno shop at Sears Point (Infineon/ Sonoma) Raceway. Have used Tune ECU a bunch.

Offline firemanjim

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #22 on: 23 December, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »
Keep in mind that the stock bike with O2 sensor and cat does not have a big area where the O2 sensor works, and above that area all the stock bikes I have seen have been rich, some down to 12.9 even. So running a richer map will not affect them by much esp if the target A/F ratio in closed loop is still set at 14.6.

Offline firemanjim

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #23 on: 23 December, 2012, 08:23:16 PM »
Indy, looking at my profile here and it shows me in CA, USA!

Offline Dave73

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2010 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: North Texas
« Reply #24 on: 10 April, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »
I was helping a friend dyno his daytona and was able to get the Tiger back on for a little more tuning in some areas. I wasnt able to get the first time.  Didn't have much time to play, but did make some improvements.  I also tried to make some economical adjustments in the low end.  An inertia dyno is not the best test for these changes, so they were pretty mild.  I have not run enough gas through it to see if there is any improvement.  I will say I added a lot of fuel in the upper end, so if you like to twist your wrist mileage will probably be worse than it was stock  :029:

EDIT: I also maxed out the speed limiter.  Adjust your parameters accordingly  :121:
06 Daytona 675 Track Bike
10 Tiger 1050 Everything Else Bike

Offline LaineY

• Tiger Member
  • Say hi to me
  • Bike/Model: 11-Tiger1050ABS
  • City / Town: Lanarkshire
« Reply #25 on: 11 April, 2013, 12:28:48 AM »
Dave been running your first tune for months mate.. This v2 one is it the final draft or do u need to tweak it?
Rawwrrr! :p
YouTube Vlog : www.youtube.com/LaineYMCVlog

Offline Dave73

• Tiger Master
« Reply #26 on: 11 April, 2013, 12:34:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by LaineY [+]
Dave been running your first tune for months mate.. This v2 one is it the final draft or do u need to tweak it?

V2 has a few more areas that were tuned.  I didnt have time to do as much as I wanted the first go-round...partially because it was farther off than I thought it would be.  I doubt I will do any more tuning on the stock bike.  The only thing you may need/ want to adjust are the "parameters" on the left column.  They are set to stock settings EXCEPT the speed limiter was raised.  :121:

Offline Dave73

• Tiger Master
« Reply #27 on: 11 April, 2013, 12:35:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by LaineY [+]

How has it been working for you?

Offline Dave73

• Tiger Master
« Reply #28 on: 11 April, 2013, 12:40:27 AM »
To clarify, V2 has ares in the upper RPM range that I didnt have time to work on the first time.  Result is improved output and closer to target AFR.  I also did a few tweaks on the low end which should/ could improve economy.

It would be possible to copy the V1 low end to the V2 if the improved economy part was unwanted.

Offline LaineY

• Tiger Member
  • Say hi to me
  • Bike/Model: 11-Tiger1050ABS
  • City / Town: Lanarkshire
« Reply #29 on: 11 April, 2013, 12:53:46 AM »
Your tune seems to be the best one ive ran it also minimised my snatchyness (that chain tugging sensation) it just seems to work. I had issues with the previous tune over revving the first few minutes of pulling away particularly on cold days and from a cold start. yours tune doesnt appear to have that issue. I'll pop this on the bike tomorrow and give it a try. I'll update u once i run it for a week :).
My bike is standard 2011 no mods apart from lowered and HIDs
Rawwrrr! :p
YouTube Vlog : www.youtube.com/LaineYMCVlog