Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: new map to load  (Read 445 times)

Offline gixxernut

• Tiger Member
  • City / Town: larne
new map to load
« on: 22 September, 2012, 09:47:51 AM »
going to load a new map into tiger this afternoon

am i right in thinking this is the process
1.connect bike to laptop
2.read and save current map to hard disc
3.download new map4.turn ignition off and back on,then wait 10 seconds and turn off
4.turn back on and reset tps
5.replace fuse and start bike without touching anything

Offline RedBird

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: '08 Tiger1050
  • City / Town: Stroud, Oklahoma
Re: new map to load
« Reply #1 on: 24 September, 2012, 04:29:10 AM »
My suggestions:

1.  Unless you have a custom map currently on the bike and no other copy of it, forget the part about saving the current map--your step #2, because it takes about 2-3 times as long to do this as it does to download the new map.  I did this step when I wanted to save my TuneBoy custom map so I could use TuneECU to load it in the future if needed--I never learned how to use TuneBoy.  Note:  Because of the time it takes for this step, I would definitely recommend using an additional battery during this step plus a 1 to 2 amp battery charger...the BatteryTender Jr.'s are of little help with TuneECU, IMHO--I use the BatteryTender Plus with the headlight fuse pulled when downloading maps to the Tiger.

2.  Go to the TuneECU site and download to your laptop the most recent version of TuneECU and the instructions for using TuneECU.  Your steps #3 and #4 don't apply to the newer version of TuneECU.

From an old memory:  3.  Download new map...once you get the "download done" message, you go to menu, ECU, Reset adaptation.   4.  Start engine and let idle w/o touching the throttle.  Once the "TPS" status indicator changes to green, you are basically through...get out of the TuneECU program and disconnect from the bike.  On my last two tune downloads, it took only about 5 minutes (instead of the 10-15 minute estimate in the instructions) for the TPS status indicator to turn green.

Good luck,
Larry
« Last Edit: 24 September, 2012, 04:34:28 AM by RedBird »