Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Explorer XC  (Read 2739 times)

Offline hans

• Tiger Master
  • Yellow tiger 1050
  • Bike/Model: Yellow Tiger1050
  • City / Town: Dreumel
Re: Explorer XC
« Reply #10 on: 12 October, 2012, 10:18:32 PM »
Well Nik,
If you think the BMW looks like the XC, it is o.k. for me. But you can't deny there is a lot of nice new developments and Triumph has to react very alert.
Otherwise they will eat the "cheese from Triumph's bread", as we say in Holland.

Only the discussion who was first doesn't help. I saw the 675 boys racing at Malory parc that day , and that is the mentality they'll need.

But, there is some time left before the 2013 season .
Still there is some hope left for a new and even better 1050Tiger. You could return your explorer if there comes one I think.  :001: :001: :001:

Hansw

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #11 on: 15 October, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »
Well, now that I bonded with my Explorer, I'm afraid there'll be no turning back!
IMHO, the best we could expect from a 1050 Tiger Sport would be a SSSA, a new headlight and some new gadgets. And that would not be enough for me to return my mighty Explorer. I still can't believe the difference between these two engines!
The world divides in two: those who own a Triumph and those who never tried one...

Offline Craigs

• Tiger Member
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: 23 December, 2012, 07:50:39 AM »
I've gotta ask, does anyone know do Explorers wheelie???

I'm a bit of wheelie fan and whilst I'm considering an Explorer it won't be any good if it doesn't wheelie.

Offline Pilotuh1b

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 2007 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Canberra
« Reply #13 on: 23 December, 2012, 09:39:53 AM »
I test rode the '12 Explorer and before I knew it was throwing it around at 160klm/hr. It is a great motor and a beast on the road.

Problem is, at its size it would be a beast off the road too. I can't imagine with it's height, width and weight ever taking it off more than a formed gravel road.

Problem is, the 800XC is uncomfortable over 80klm/hr and wouldn't give me the tour I want of a bike. I was sick of it by the end of the test ride.

The 1050, with some adjustment, gives the best of everything. I wish I could get some deeper cut tyres though. No TKC80s, but something like an Anakee or Trailwing.

I love riding along and seeing a dirt road as an opoortunity to explore rather than off limits. Still "hardening" the 1050 at this point but working towards a comfortable adventure tourer.

Pilotuh1b
'07 Tiger 1050 ABS - Caspian Blue - present
'06 VFR800 VTEC
'00 VFR800 FI (Interceptor for the US guys)
'92 VFR750
'83 GSX250S

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Marseille
« Reply #14 on: 27 December, 2012, 09:14:01 AM »
As for wheelies, it simply adjusts to your liking.
The Traction Control has three settings: High (as soon as the front wheel lifts, the engine cuts (gently) to prevent big wheelies), Low (more of a front in the air when thrashing the throttle), Off (No limit; better be knowing what you're doing ;-).
The world divides in two: those who own a Triumph and those who never tried one...