Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Setting the Alarm When Touring  (Read 1880 times)

Offline TigerSteve

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Scorched Yellow
  • City / Town: Cheltenham
Setting the Alarm When Touring
« on: 11 July, 2012, 12:31:59 AM »
Guys,

Sort of a warning really. Just got back from a tour over to Germany and back via France (La Rochelle & St Nazaire) which included two nights in Friedrichshafen. A great little hotel including a secure garage for the three bikes right next to the railway line.

An early morning start turned into a lunch time get away. The alarm/immobiliser wouldn't disable and after a whole load of messing about I realised that the battery was flat. I surmised that the auto-set to tremble mode had dumped a bit of battery every time a train went past until it was flat. I now recall seeing this same problem here before. A trusting local bike shop loaned me a spare battery and a set of jump leads plus the mod to hold off the headlamp when the side stand is down did the trick.

It pissed with rain getting there, raining a bit while we were there and it pissed with rain on the way back into France. We also got drenched on the M25 today.
Scorched Yellow Tiger + Palmer Screen, SWMo Bars & Givi E55 box.

Offline capers1962

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger 1050 White 2006
  • City / Town: Northampton
Re: Setting the Alarm When Touring
« Reply #1 on: 24 June, 2014, 06:45:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by TigerSteve [+]
plus the mod to hold off the headlamp when the side stand is down did the trick.

Off topic in know  :451: , but ....
White (the fastest colour) 1050, Givi engine bars, triumph gel seat, main stand, heated grips, 3-piece luggage & hugger and Tiger Sport Headlight conversion.

Offline capers1962

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #2 on: 23 July, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »
How do you hold the headlight off while the side stand is down?
White (the fastest colour) 1050, Givi engine bars, triumph gel seat, main stand, heated grips, 3-piece luggage & hugger and Tiger Sport Headlight conversion.

Offline capers1962

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #3 on: 01 August, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by TigerSteve [+]
plus the mod to hold off the headlamp when the side stand is down did the trick.

Hello!!!!

Is there anybody there?  :440: