Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: World Superbike in Utah!!!  (Read 1518 times)

Offline RideOregon

• Tiger Pro
Re: World Superbike in Utah!!!
« Reply #10 on: 27 March, 2009, 02:59:33 AM »
I so wish I were going.   :019:
'08 Blazing Orange Tiger
'95 Mystic Red BMW K75

Offline rxcoop

• Tiger Master
  • City / Town: south-central pa
« Reply #11 on: 21 May, 2010, 04:09:36 PM »
left central PA yesterday for salt lake city.  stopped in cinci to see the grandkids.  will leave here sunday for  missouri, kansas, colorado to pick up my brother-in-law.  after the races am coming home via wyoming, s dakota, minn, wisc, UP then across "big mack" to see relatives near detroit then around lake erie and home.  back to work on june 10th....ughh.  5000 mi round trip and am really looking forward to it.  will put me close to 40k total on the 07....
12 Vstrom 650A

Offline Belco100

• Tiger Master
« Reply #12 on: 24 May, 2010, 10:25:14 AM »
I am off there tomorrow morning from the UK. Can't get a direct flight, so going to Houston then on to SLC.

Doing the whole thing. Street party on Friday, first practice and the rock concert on Saturday, Superpole on Sunday and the race on Monday. Can't wait.

I am there with my wife for her Birthday (lucky girl), but I didn't realise you can't drink there for Christ sakes! Whats all that about? Having to join secret drinking clubs and so forth?

Offline HuckFarley

• Tiger Master
« Reply #13 on: 25 May, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »
I thought I warned you about that Bel. Wait till you find out about the magic underwear they wear also.

Offline tri99sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #14 on: 26 May, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
Oh come on.....It ain't that bad here in Utah. The drinking laws have been relaxed, the micro breweries are numerous (and producing some pretty decent brews). Not to mention we have the ONLY SBK race in North America!
 :031: Cheers.
Anyone going to the races?
Concert on Saturday evening with Kansas, Foreignner, and Styx. Races on Monday....forecast; Sunny and 70?F.
Triumph is looking good in the Supersport races....go Chas Davies!
« Last Edit: 26 May, 2010, 08:02:04 PM by tri99sprint »
Chuck P.
KART Tech Director
Miller Motorsports Park

Offline redbirds

• Tiger God
  • Tiger in the garden
  • Bike/Model: '07 Tiger
  • City / Town: Patterson, Ga.
« Reply #15 on: 28 May, 2010, 01:25:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by tri99sprint [+]
Oh come on.....It ain't that bad here in Utah. The drinking laws have been relaxed, the micro breweries are numerous (and producing some pretty decent brews). Not to mention we have the ONLY SBK race in North America!
 :031: Cheers.
Anyone going to the races?
Concert on Saturday evening with Kansas, Foreignner, and Styx. Races on Monday....forecast; Sunny and 70?F.
Triumph is looking good in the Supersport races....go Chas Davies!

Also some of the finest scenery in N. America (Zion Canyon is my fav)
Wiregrass Steve......living vicariously through myself

Offline Belco100

• Tiger Master
« Reply #16 on: 03 June, 2010, 01:07:01 PM »
Well, it was bloody brilliant!

I didn?t mean to offend anyone, but my ?Carl Fogaty is God? t-shirt did get some disapproving looks, and as for the drinking laws, not too much to worry about really. We brought 3 litres of Vodka with us just in case, but most places sold alcohol at reasonable rates.

W went to the ?Street Party? on Friday. Very quiet, if this was in Europe it would have attracted thousands rather than hundreds of people, but I managed to get all the top riders signatures.

Then the WSB practice and Classic Rock concert on Saturday was good, as were the fireworks, but it took over an hour to get out of the car park. I am not sure where the Police get their training, but they sure can?t direct traffic.

Sunday?s Superpole was held in good weather, and the top four riders were all interviewed on stage afterwards, which was great. It was a shame that the Police caused chaos again by setting up a roadblock leading onto the 80 Interstate where they seemed to pull over every motorcycle for ?checks? even though the standard of riding seemed very high (do you guys not filter through traffic in the USA?), which caused a five mile tailback and an hour delay getting back to our hotel.

Found this http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=40649 while trawling the web.

Monday was fantastic, great racing, great access to the riders, and great atmosphere. You had to feel sorry for Checa, and I was a bit gutted that the some of the Brits (Haslam and Toseland) had a hard time, but the race 2 podium was good, and the Triumphs ran strong in Supersport. Haga got a much needed podium, probably worried about the rumours of his impending replacement by Bayliss. And I bumped into Scott Russell.

Overall it was one of the best WSB meetings I have been to, really laid back and a surprisingly small crowd, great atmosphere and a great show. I would love to go again, but it is a bit of a long haul.

Offline tri99sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #17 on: 25 August, 2010, 05:41:22 PM »
2011 Update; The AMA boys will be joining the WSBK for the 2011 event.
I hope they run the same track configuration so we can compare times.
Will post the dates when I can.
Chuck P.
KART Tech Director
Miller Motorsports Park

Offline Hax

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #18 on: 26 August, 2010, 06:04:07 AM »
I'm heading over at the start of February for a couple of weeks.

Won't be looking for track time just all the snow I can get  :190: