Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: World Superbike in Utah!!!  (Read 1417 times)

Offline tri99sprint

• Tiger Member
World Superbike in Utah!!!
« on: 19 September, 2007, 11:25:20 PM »
June 1, 2008; World Superbike will be sharing the weekend with the AMA Superbikes at Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Utah. If they follow last year, the race will be on the 3.17 mile outer track, the same one AMA has used for the past 2 years.
For more info, go to www.millermotorsportspark.com
All I can say is; YEE HAW!!!!
 :046: :047: :152:
Chuck P.
KART Tech Director
Miller Motorsports Park

Offline MaxRevs

• Tiger Master
  • City / Town: north Shropshire
Re: World Superbike in Utah!!!
« Reply #1 on: 20 September, 2007, 11:43:06 AM »
It'll be interesting to compare the lap times between AMA & WSB. Anyone know how the tech regs differ?
I couldn't fix your brakes, so I made your horn louder!

Offline tri99sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #2 on: 05 June, 2008, 06:53:25 PM »
What an event!!!  51,000 fans, some good racing, lot's of beautiful umbrella girls, paddock access for the fans. A good time was had by all! I was standing on the other side of the pit/track cement barrier and was about 6' (2 meters) from the bikes, at the start finish line, as they sped by. Top speed 304 KPH. Those darm world superbikes throw a lot of rubber from their rear tyres, kept hitting me in the face!
If you can try and make out to Utah next year, like I said, a great weekend.
Chuck P.
KART Tech Director
Miller Motorsports Park

Offline littlefield

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 10 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Clute, TX
« Reply #3 on: 07 June, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »
A place like Salt Lake City you should be able to find a decent deal on a hotel. Were the prices all jacked up?

Offline Firerigger

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #4 on: 22 June, 2008, 10:59:49 PM »
It was great weekend.  I even had a good talk with Regic Laconi in dowtown SLC.  He was tripped out by the fact that everywhere else in the world he's a rock star, and here in the States, nobody knows who he is.  He said he loved the track, even though he crashed.  I got a great deal on the Hilton hotel downtown.
I never fail...I succeed in finding out what doesn't work!

Offline tri99sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #5 on: 10 September, 2008, 08:56:33 PM »
Next year's (2009) World Superbike weekend at Miller will include Superbikes and Supersport, which hopefully will have Triumph 675s in the mix.
The dates are May 29-31.
As of today, not sure whether AMA will be there or not, due to the re-structuring of AMA Pro racing. I will post any futher developments.
Stay tuned.
Chuck P.
KART Tech Director
Miller Motorsports Park

Offline tri99sprint

• Tiger Member
« Reply #6 on: 23 March, 2009, 06:53:39 PM »
Sad news; AMA and Miller have announced they could not come to a "benifical to both parties" agreement for the AMA sharing the weekend with World Superbikes. So it looks like the support races will probably be local racers (great opportunity for them).
World Superbikes and Sportbikes will still be racing.
If anyone is thinking of attending, I live 7 miles from the track and have room for a few guests. Please PM me if you are interested.
Chuck P.
KART Tech Director
Miller Motorsports Park

Offline Belco100

• Tiger Master
« Reply #7 on: 24 March, 2009, 12:03:00 PM »
I don?t think the new ?owners? of AMA could arrange a piss up in a brewery. I went over to watch the Daytona 200 expecting to see all the top riders only to find out they raced the day before and they they don?t compete in the 200 anymore, and the support race was a 2 hour endurance race full of nobodies.

The race was a complete shambles, full of pace cars, red flags, stops, starts and then they let the whole field past the pace car except Ben Bostrom until they caught him up again just to put him in front!

BSB and WSB is soooo much better.

Offline littlefield

• Tiger Master
  • Bike/Model: 10 Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Clute, TX
« Reply #8 on: 24 March, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
When WSB came and raced with AMA last year they didn't bring the supersports. Without AMA the supersports are coming. That's the best racing I've seen lately.

Offline redbirds

• Tiger God
  • Tiger in the garden
  • Bike/Model: '07 Tiger
  • City / Town: Patterson, Ga.
« Reply #9 on: 25 March, 2009, 02:17:26 AM »
  DMG seems determined to make AMA Superbike into it's own version of NASCRAP, motor racing's answer to professional wrestling.   :232:                  The WSB race in Utah should be A-1. It's a beautiful track.
Wiregrass Steve......living vicariously through myself