Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Why not add an avatar to your profile ?

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Build quality better than Honda !!  (Read 2215 times)

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: Build quality better than Honda !!
« Reply #10 on: 26 April, 2012, 04:38:38 PM »
+1

(also the silencer seal doesn't last too long)
The world divides in two: those who own a Triumph and those who never tried one...

Offline ChrisLX200

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: Tiger1050
  • City / Town: Macclesfield
« Reply #11 on: 26 April, 2012, 04:48:52 PM »
Mine too - and also the headers on my Scrambler which are Arrow (so not even Triumph). The Scrambler's headers are a bit more accessible but polishing them results in the same after a month or so. I can't be bothered on the Tiger because they are so difficult to get at. Spraying with ACF50 stops overt corrosion but I still get the copper colour and spotty appearance, it must be something in the stainless alloy.
Blue '09 Tiger1050
Green '10 Scrambler

Offline xtian

• Tiger Pro
  • Bike/Model: Tiger1050.
  • City / Town: brussels
« Reply #12 on: 26 April, 2012, 05:13:36 PM »
The dealer sold me the tiger as en english bike, and therefore designed to resist rain and corrosion...
I sold my cbf after 5,5 years and 70.000km on the road all year round, paint had peeled off the frame and radiator had begin to rust and brake lines showed their age, but all in all it stood up better than my former bikes. The most rusty part was the givi mount.
I think the problem of the crosstourer is more a blunt design of the paniers package and general shape than a built quality .

Offline Tigger1050

• Tiger God
« Reply #13 on: 27 April, 2012, 09:05:03 AM »
So it seems my observations are correct.
Old Honda = great build quality
New Honda = sh1te.

As for the problem of discolouring downpipes, they're metal, they get hot, they discolour.
They get spots on them from bits of tar and other debris hitting them and burning on.
That's what they do.
If you really want to clean them back to unused shiny stuff, try wonder wheels, 0000 grade wire wool, solvol autosol and a bucket of elbow grease
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.