Tiger Sport 1050 Forum

Please login or register.

News: Warm welcome to our new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: OMFG!!!!  (Read 7302 times)

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
  • City / Town: Marseille
Re: OMFG!!!!
« Reply #30 on: 06 February, 2013, 08:27:37 AM »
Simply the very best lights I ever used on a motorbike.
And I'm talking about the very stock headlight with their very stock bulbs.

Now I'm a poor deranged light-addict (thanks to my experience with the 1050 ;-), so I added better/whitier bulbs and Triumph aux/fog lights (which are really expensive as one could have guessed). And night riding has become a true joy. Cornering isn't a memory game anymore ;-)

Oh, I also added a pair of switchback (i.e. position lights turning into turn signals) LES strips on my handguards and now the cagers really do see me.

Now I could add a pair of unbearable 3k lm Komy's as a complimentary high beam. Not that the standard high beam has a feeble light output, but when sleeping cagers doesn't seem to realize I'm behind them, it would surely help ;-)
The world divides in two: those who own a Triumph and those who never tried one...

Offline Richarbl

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #31 on: 07 February, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »
So anyway, just for kicks, I went into my local Triumph dealer a few days ago to enquire how much he would be prepared to offer me for both my 1050 and 955 as a trade on an Explorer.

After we did the figures I was genuinely surprised that an Explorer in blue would not be available in blue until mid june (five months WTF) but then the dealer offered me his demo model for approx $6000 below retail with only 3500 kms of which I have done at least 400 kms myself. Trade in price was still about $1000 below true value so I put both the 1050 and 955 in the local paper and to my shock the local BMW dealer paid me full retail price for both of them.

So the upshot is that I will be picking my Explorer up tomorrow which is awesome but I have to admit that selling both of my bikes in a couple of hours has left me feeling somewhat empty. I have travelled approx 45000 kms on both bikes and I have a lot of good memories.
I can only hope the new owners look after them properly and have similar experiences to myself. Strangely enough i miss the 955  more than the 1050 even the 1050 was a much better bike in almost every way.
« Last Edit: 07 February, 2013, 12:11:10 PM by Richarbl »
Tiger 1050
Tiger 955
One more and I will have the whole set

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
« Reply #32 on: 07 February, 2013, 02:38:55 PM »
Good move Rich!
And I know how you feel: I miss my ex-1050, but I miss my good ol' Steamer even more!
(c8
The world divides in two: those who own a Triumph and those who never tried one...

Offline dikman

• Non Active
  • Supreme Tiger
« Reply #33 on: 10 February, 2013, 10:28:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Richarbl [+]
to my shock the local BMW dealer paid me full retail price for both of them.

:005: :087: :187:.

Does he know something we don't? It doesn't matter which way I look at this, it just doesn't make any sense  :110:.

You must still be pinching yourself to make sure you're not dreaming!
'08 Tiger Blue (Gone but not forgotten).....replaced with
'08 Guzzi Breva (the lump).
'05 Opal/Tangerine T-100 Bonnie

Offline Tigga

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2007 120 000km
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #34 on: 10 February, 2013, 12:01:54 PM »
Oh to be in love!! :087:
Trailer your Tiger by yourself. www.rampless.net

Offline Ramseybella

• Tiger God
  • Bike/Model: 2010 WhiteTiger R.I.P.
  • City / Town: Santa Fe
« Reply #35 on: 10 February, 2013, 05:12:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by NiK [+]
Good move Rich!
And I know how you feel: I miss my ex-1050, but I miss my good ol' Steamer even more!
(c8

Yes Nik Steamer what a bike wasn't it? I miss mine as well.  :019:
Pete Lucchini

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Offline Richarbl

• Tiger Pro
« Reply #36 on: 11 February, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »
*Originally Posted by dikman [+]

:005: :087: :187:.

Does he know something we don't? It doesn't matter which way I look at this, it just doesn't make any sense  :110:.

You must still be pinching yourself to make sure you're not dreaming!

Its not something that happens everyday thats for sure. Over the past thirty five years of driving/riding and owning approx 240 cars and bikes I am quite certain this is the first time I have sold or traded something to a dealer..

The reasons they brought them both outright are clear enough though. Firstly they were desperately short on good quality second hand bikes, secondly both the Tigers were in excellent condition and were ready to put straight on the floor. Thirdly the BMW dealer is part of a large conglomeration that can easily afford to lose a few quid.

Anyway everyone is happy, The dealer has a couple of really nice Tigers on his floor, the Triumph dealer was paid in cash and for a handful of dollars I have a virtually brand new Explorer loaded full of accessories I would have brought anyway.
Tiger 1050
Tiger 955
One more and I will have the whole set

Offline NiK

• Tiger God
« Reply #37 on: 11 February, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »
I must have misunderstood this statement.
Do you say that the dealer bought back your bikes for their retail value (?!) or that with both bike sold you got the retail price of an Explorer?